Airventure 2023

Dxer5138

Is it worth it for a dispatcher/someone working in flight ops to make the trek out to OshKosh to try and meet with some of these companies face to face? Obviously a little different but I've had pilot friends get hired on the spot out there and while I have no such expectations as a dispatcher I just wanted to see if there's any benefit to going out there for a day or two

It won’t ever hurt to network. At the very least you’ll be able to meet some cool people and see some awesome aircraft. Especially if you’re an avgeek.
For sure! I've been a few times and can honestly say it was one of the highlights of the years I went. As much as I love going though at the point for me it'd be much more about networking though

Not too many airlines setup at Oshkosh. UPS had a real small presence there last year, as did Air Wisconsin because they are local. There are more colleges that specialize in aviation with tables than there are airlines. Boeing does have a crew area in their tent city- you might be able to meet some people there. The REAL networking is done after the show at the bars by the college campus. You meet all the real important people there.
If you've never been, you need to goat least once. It's worth your time if you like airplanes.

You won’t gain much from the booths in the career center if you’re not trying to become an airline pilot,but you’ll likely make a friend or two especially if you’re camping out in Scholler for the week…you never know what kind of networking connections you can make that way. OSH for me is mostly about meeting up with friends who are at various airlines these days that I rarely see anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back