Airtran Reductions/possible furloughs?

meyers9163

So heard something on foxnews about another one getting hit. It looked like airtran colors but I didnt have time to sit around and look. Then looking else where there's discussion on other forums. Does anyone have any information? If so this just bites.... Record load factors for them and this is still possibly happening. Shows just filling the planes up doesnt mean everything if this has some truth to it. Anyone? PCL?

PCL doesn't linger around here anymore.

fly4pay, I think that was his username, works for Citrus though. Perhaps he can shed some light.

Good friend of mine, previous Colgan S340 Captain out of Houston is now at Air Tran, so I'll have to ask him here in a few hours over a round of golf.

On a different note... I was wondering why I haven't seen PCL around here anymore. Starting to miss some of his pro union rhetoric. Always was good for a few laughs...

Was he kindly asked to leave or did he leave on his own accord?

So let me get this straight.
You make a thread title such as this based on what you might have heard on Fox News and what might have looked like AirTran colors on the screen?

What rumot?

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/stories/2008/06/16/daily34.html

AirTran Airways CEO Robert L. Fornaro told investors Wednesday the low-cost airline will continue to cut capacity and costs as well as sell some aircraft in order to cope with the devastatingly high price of jet fuel.

In a speech at a Merrill Lynch Global Transportation Conference in New York, Fornaro said Orlando, Fla.-based AirTran (NYSE: AAI) will cut overall capacity by 5 percent, a 15 percentage point swing from projections last September which had the airline growing by double digits.

So let me get this straight.
You make a thread title such as this based on what you might have heard on Fox News and what might have looked like AirTran colors on the screen?

Nope.... fact that discussion has already been out there. Looking for a link and got it! Wasnt made trying to be a bash. Was made to get some information. Sucks for those involved!

From the round yesterday is that essentially, yes. . .they very well may be looking at some furloughs here in the coming months.

Confirmed. Talked to a good friend of mine that used to be a CA here at Pinnacle, and he said they heard the F word. He ran the numbers and came up with he'd probably get the bombshell around Sept. So, he's thinking of going corporate or just getting out altogether. It's apparently real enough that he's putting his house on the market and looking to move...

What happened to the PCL128 guy? He came storming in here from on high and left that quick?? I've been hearing that Airtran is in pretty big trouble and will be in a cash crunch this winter.

As a sidebar, just flew with another copilot who had done some GIV corporate flying. He said it was awful. Was treated pretty bad by the clients.

What happened to the PCL128 guy? He came storming in here from on high and left that quick?? I've been hearing that Airtran is in pretty big trouble and will be in a cash crunch this winter.

As a sidebar, just flew with another copilot who had done some GIV corporate flying. He said it was awful. Was treated pretty bad by the clients.

I view corporate flying like I view waiting tables. Yeah, the pay is better than working in the kitchen, but you run the risk of getting treated like dirt by people that think they're better than you. At least in the kitchen (aka the 121 world), I can close the door and have some sort of barrier between me and the other guy if it gets heated. I'm not saying I absolutely WOULDN'T take a corporate job, but I'm one of those crazy guys that sorta prefers 121 flying.

Plus, sometimes I don't trust my sarcastic opinions not to get me in trouble. :)

Talking about someone who isn't around. . .now that's tact.

Right?

Or am I wrong?

Todd left, as far as I know, on his own accord. Which is fine with many people here, less union talk, more trivial discussions about which company is going to fall next. Just the way it is suppose to be. Right? :sarcasm:

Talking about someone who isn't around. . .now that's tact.

Right?

Or am I wrong?

Todd left, as far as I know, on his own accord. Which is fine with many people here, less union talk, more trivial discussions about which company is going to fall next. Just the way it is suppose to be. Right? :sarcasm:

Dude,
He just asked where he went, no need to get the fur up.

I don't have a hairy back. :)

The storming in here on high is what I took issue with. If he was still around, I wouldn't have any problem with the comment. . .but he isn't, so he isn't here to defend himself. That is all.

Hope Fly4Pay is ok in all of this. He hasn't been on JC (so far as I can tell) in a long time. :(

Hey, stop picking on my future Q CA, Seggy! :D

Back