Airplanes to rent around Boise?

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
I have to go to Boise in about 10 days for some training for work. I'd like to go fly something I've never flown before while I'm down there, it doesn't have to be the space shuttle or whatever, just something I haven't flown before. I was trying to fly 12 new airplanes per year, but COVID has put the kibosh on that - I'm hoping to be able to fly 6 airplanes I've never flown this year, and this will put me half way there. That said, since I have to go to Boise anyway, anyone dialed in on the flightschool scene down there? Thanks.

@ppragman, there are some SuperCub.org folks in Boise, and I think some backcountrypilot.org folks as well. A post there might generate some responses.

Try glasscockpit aviation. They have an SR20 along with the usual flight school planes. They used to have a Columbia 400, not sure if they still do. They also do instruction in LSAs and autogyros. I used to instruct there back in the day. The owner is awesome.

Last edited:
Try glasscockpit aviation. They have an SR20 along with the usual flight school planes. They used to have a Columbia 400, not sure if they still do. They also do instruction in LSAs and autogyros. I used to instruct there back in the day. The owner is awesome.

Called, thanks!

I believe they do a lot of back country training and flying in Kitfoxes up there and if it's the correct place I can personally attest to one of the pilots that should still be instructing there, as he is top notch with a ton of experience, aerobatics and endless stick and rudder flying and taught me a ton in another airframe.

I work as a dispatcher and my BF is a pilot. This year he doesn't have the job because of Covid-19, so as I. And it sucks. And we didn't have a vacation this year either. Last year we had an awesome vacation together. We had found private jet rentals for a good price and went to Malta. And now we are spending our savings. It's hard for a pilot to find a new job now. BTW, maybe someone knows where to find it? I've searched over this forum and found some vacancies, but it looks like a part-time job or something.

Back