Airnet relocates to Chicago?

scooter2525

Very well Member
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...B9D43B-C86F-4A00-BAD7-D59233329D02}&dist=hppr

AirNet Systems Redesigns Network for Growth

Last update: 9:58 a.m. EDT Sept. 24, 2008

COLUMBUS, OH, Sep 24, 2008 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX) -- AirNet Systems, Inc. ("AirNet") today announced changes to its airline network and operations that will enhance services to customers and position the Company for future growth. Flight hours and the number of aircraft required to support the network will be reduced, with minimal impact on the primary cities served. This change represents a shift in strategic focus from an airline network designed to serve the historical needs of AirNet's bank customers to a redesigned network that will better meet the needs of all customers. These changes will enable AirNet to maintain its position as the premium provider of transportation services for small packages that require special handling, custody and control.
AirNet's customers will continue to benefit from its extensive dedicated and charter airline network, which includes more than 100 owned and operated aircraft. For more than a decade AirNet has balanced the needs of its bank customers and express customers within its network. During this period the express business has grown significantly in markets, such as life sciences, radiopharmaceuticals, laboratories and other niches. However, changes in the transportation needs of bank customers necessitate a reconfigured operations footprint at AirNet. The redesigned network involves the relocation of AirNet's primary hub and sort operations to Chicago, Illinois. AirNet's corporate and administrative offices, airline operations and customer resource center will remain in Columbus, Ohio.
George Gonzalez, Chief Executive Officer of AirNet, stated, "We determined it was necessary to redesign the airline network following intensive review and analysis to determine the best course of action for AirNet's future. Our express business is well-positioned and growing. Our new network will provide more flexibility in serving customers in a cost efficient manner. We are excited about our increased presence in Chicago and look forward to building upon our core strengths as we expand AirNet's presence and pursue additional growth opportunities."
About AirNet Systems, Inc.
AirNet Systems, Inc., an affiliate of Bayside Capital, focuses its resources on providing value-added, time-critical aviation services to a diverse set of customers in the most service-intensive, cost-effective manner possible. AirNet operates dedicated charters and an integrated national transportation network that provides expedited transportation services to banks and time-critical small package shippers nationwide. AirNet's aircraft are located strategically throughout the United States. To find out more AirNet visit the Company's website at www.airnet.com and to find out more about Bayside Capital visit www.bayside.com.
CONTACTS:AirNet Systems, Inc.Fred deLeeuw(614) 409-4832InvestQuest, Inc.Bob Lentz(614) 876-1900SOURCE: AirNet Systems, Inc.

I saw this on another forum. They are trying to sink you guys, or something. How does, I'm ASSuming MDW, the lousy wx in Chicago, horrible runway and approach layout, being away from all the support personnel during the meets, and having to build facilities to handle this, make any sense?:mad:

I can just imagine James' face. He'll be cussing his head off.

Good luck to all the Starcheckers on here. All of us Alum are pulling for you to survive or land on your feet elsewhere...

Where the heck are they going to put it? MDW isn't exactly overflowing with unused space...

Best case scenario they'll buy millionaire and I'll be looking for a new job...:whatever:

It won't be more then a handful of jets.
I'll be up in the MKE. Yay Baron during the winter. Yay George Yay. I'm going to invite him for a ride a long.

I'll be up in the MKE. Yay Baron during the winter. Yay George Yay. I'm going to invite him for a ride a long.

That sucks, man. At least Paulie will keep you entertained some of the time.

-mini

Oh you know you miss boots and "fist full o' levers". Plus no annoying co-pilots! Seriously, glad you at least still have a job. MKE isn't so bad when it's not buried under snow.

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I was just reading all the crap on -55 about this, and the FP's etc. Ouch, just Ouch!!!:mad: Good luck over there...hey it could be a Van you're flying...:eek:

Grumble grumble says the man that gets to fly a van all of 5 hours a week until who knows when ... :mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead:

...at least they're "small mountains" on this coast. I'm told.

-mini
Haha. Have you at least figured out who you are talking to??? Hahahahahahahaha:p

If you're doing 607, then you'll be flying it more than that. Sunday alone going from LCK-STP is usually 4+ hours, or are you just doing it for a couple of days?

Haha. Have you at least figured out who you are talking to??? Hahahahahahahaha:p

If you're doing 607, then you'll be flying it more than that. Sunday alone going from LCK-STP is usually 4+ hours, or are you just doing it for a couple of days?

Supposed to be until Monday ... but after a recent electronic mail communications device, who the hell knows? After that I'll get to fly it 1.3 / night. Woo ... hoo.

I'm trying not to bitch too much, though with as much as I like to bitch for sport it's been difficult.

-mini

Supposed to be until Monday ... but after a recent electronic mail communications device, who the hell knows? After that I'll get to fly it 1.3 / night. Woo ... hoo.

I'm trying not to bitch too much, though with as much as I like to bitch for sport it's been difficult.

-mini
You still getting a paycheck? You're looking for jobs, I'm assuming, as I'd assume most Airnet pilots are. Keep your chins up, get networking, and get out before the last rat jumps ship. As long as the check clears, don't knock still having a job in this climate right now.

BTW, for those in the know there...did the FXE crew fare well in this debacle? Are they still in S FL? If there's a plane down there, I'm sure G is still there, but where'd N end up? Mikey, do you know?

Yeah they are both fine.
They overnight in TEB twice a week.
141 overnights in FXE twice a week.
I didn't see any non Columbus based airplanes flying to Columbus at all.
I'm not sure there is anyone at any position in the company that isn't looking for someplace else.
I saw even the janitors at rick last night looking at custodiancareers.com last night.

Grumble grumble says the man that gets to fly a van all of 5 hours a week until who knows when ... :mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead:

...at least they're "small mountains" on this coast. I'm told.

-mini

I take it your not having to move then....??? you going to be in cbus tonight?

I know this is a silly question and I'm 99% sure I know the answer (and why), but aren't you a jet captain?

Back