Airlines getting more assistance from the federal government

srn121

I'm sorry if this has already been posted.

I feel horrible being invested in airlines knowing something like this may be in the works and I may profit from it, but for many here and my friends at the airlines it may be very good news.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump on Tuesday said his administration would help U.S. airlines facing sharp downturns in passenger traffic as a result of the novel coronavirus pandemic, but gave no details.

“We’ll be helping the airlines. You have to help the airlines,” Trump told reporters before departing on a visit to Kenosha, Wisconsin. “Airlines are a tough business in good times.”

Good luck you guys. I think there's bipartisan support for this and we'll see how it happens, when and if it does, but further subsidies or not I'm very bullish for our industry's future long-term.

He said he's helping the airlines, not the airline's workers.
I'll remain skeptical until I actually see it... but hey, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. :p

He said he's helping the airlines, not the airline's workers.
I'll remain skeptical until I actually see it... but hey, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. :p

Skepticism is never a bad thing when it comes to politicians. That said there are other sources that include more information and it's my bad for sharing a source that omits that.

President Donald Trump’s chief of staff, Mark Meadows, said Wednesday that “if Congress is not going to work, this president is going to get to work and solve some problems. So hopefully we can help out the airlines and keep some of those employees from being furloughed.”

"Some of them from being furloughed... "

I need a miracle

The more employed at the airlines the less competition for the other remaining jobs. I'm always a glass half full kind of person, but within a year to two the shortage will re-materialize. I just hope folks save more money as things are never, ever certain in aviation.

The more employed at the airlines the less competition for the other remaining jobs. I'm always a glass half full kind of person, but within a year to two the shortage will re-materialize. I just hope folks save more money as things are never, ever certain in aviation.

Once said to me by an old timer: "Son, save money, it's a short ride"....

Back