AirlineApps.com

beechpilot

I just filled out an application on there and it's got me pulling my hair out. It won't recognize the fact that some of my flights included dual and PIC (sole manipulator of the controls, etc). It wants to add them together which made flight total time a lot higher. So, when I amended it so that my total time was correct, it lowered my PIC time by 36 hours. So, I guess the question is, how do I explain that in an interview since my resume has the correct time on it but is different than what airlineapps has?

I just filled out an application on there and it's got me pulling my hair out. It won't recognize the fact that some of my flights included dual and PIC (sole manipulator of the controls, etc). It wants to add them together which made flight total time a lot higher. So, when I amended it so that my total time was correct, it lowered my PIC time by 36 hours. So, I guess the question is, how do I explain that in an interview since my resume has the correct time on it but is different than what airlineapps has?

Just wondering who is hiring and who you are applying with?

It won't recognize the fact that some of my flights included dual and PIC (sole manipulator of the controls, etc).

Is that dual received or dual given?

From airlineapps.com:
airlineapps said:
Please enter ALL flying time on this page. Definitions: PIC = Pilot in Command
Instructor = Instructor
SIC = Second in Command
Dual/Stud = Student
FE/Nav = Flight Engineer or Navigator
Enter your flight time totals in accordance with FAR Part 61 (see below). However, DO NOT include any "PIC" pilot time that was also logged as "dual". Even though the FARs allow you to log PIC time and dual time simultaneously under certain circumstances, the airlines want your PIC time to reflect only the time that you had "final authority and responsibility for the operation and safety of the flight".
IMPORTANT: The system will automatically include your instructor time in the total PIC calculation. Therefore, do not include your instructor hours with your PIC time. For example, if you have 1000 hours of PIC time logged including 200 hours of Instructor time then you would enter 800 hours PIC and 200 hours Instructor.
Definitions from the FAA:
Pilot in command means the person who:
(1) Has final authority and responsibility for the operation and safety of the flight;
(2) Has been designated as pilot in command before or during the flight; and
(3) Holds the appropriate category, class, and type rating, if appropriate, for the conduct of the flight.

Second in command means a pilot who is designated to be second in command of an aircraft during flight time.

The instructions on airlineapps help a lot, I know its a frustrating and tedious process.

Care to share? I had the same problem a while ago, never really figured it out...:confused:

Basically, even if you log PIC time on flights when you recieve dual or are a flight instructor, you cannot count it on airline apps. Take your PIC and subtract the time for flights that were either dual recieved or as a flight instructor and your flight time should come out fine. I revised mine and it looks ok now. They will look at flight instructor time but it's seperate from the PIC category.

airlineapps.com is probably one of the most useless aviation pay sites out there. A friend of mine even gave up on airlineapps because every time he completed the app it had a whole bunch of errors he couldn't figure out. I've interviewed 4 places and non of them called me because of my airlineapp account. An example is AE, I met their mins by hundreds of hours yet they never called, I actually ended up going to a fair to get an interview. By the way I got a call from colgan by just emailing them my resume. I think the only regional airine that actually uses airlineapps exclusively to recruit is Comair.

Calm down meow.

Classic. I've done a few meow announcements in range. Most people laugh. I'm careful not to overdo them, as I'm sure I could get in trouble. (I also make sure there is no mainline guys onboard).

Back