Airfest 2003 @ KCRG in Jax 12/6

Pfly

Anyone in the Jacksonville FL area today? There's a show at Craig Airfield (details here) from 10-5 today, 12/6. Don't know how many JC'ers are in the area, but I look forward to seeing anyone there that can make it.

John

I was there yesterday. Guess I missed your post before I went. The drive sucked (couldn't fly being only a student pilot), but I really enjoyed the show. There were many planes on display from old warbirds (P-51 Mustang, Pitts) to some very neat civilian planes including a Piaggio Avanti (very cool plane with an incredible cockpit). They flew the P-51, Pitts, an old military jet (not sure what it was), and a Lancair IV-P. The planes and the smoked turkey legs they had made it all worth it. All in all it was way better than I expected.

It was a good time. The P-51 show was fun and the static displays were pretty cool. The Piaggio is one beautiful aircraft. It was pretty cold with a constant wind, but the food and the sights made it really worthwhile. I had just found out about the show the night before in the local newspaper. Wonder why they don't advertise a little more? Every little bit helps.

Back