Air Wisky Furloughs

sigpilot

Had a Air Wisky CA jumpseat and told us about it. I thought it was just a rumor until he showed us the company letter. Not much details just that they are coming around Sept. but no numbers right now. Good luck to all. Start saving while ya have the chance fellas!!!

Had a Air Wisky CA jumpseat and told us about it. I thought it was just a rumor until he showed us the company letter. Not much details just that they are coming around Sept. but no numbers right now. Good luck to all. Start saving while ya have the chance fellas!!!

I just spoke with a FO buddy who had been there a year last night. He didnt say anything about this. When did these letters go out? And why put them out the day before a national holidy? Just seems like a bad time in general. Hopefully its untrue but we can all realize the industry is changing with the change in oil. Wheels any word?

I have a very close friend who has been talking about a possible furlough for a while now. He is on this site so he may chime in, but I think most companies in this industry are going to face some sort of furlough or at a minimum a union negotiated LOA for some "leaves of absence" or reductions to min guarantee to keep people employed and on the payroll. Even companies still taking a/c deliveries are slowing things down. I won't post on other companies even though I have read the emails that were sent to the AWAC folks from ALPA (buddy let me read them). Not my business so I am keeping myself out of it. I wish everyone the best over there, AWAC is one of the ALPA carriers that has worked to raise the bar in the contract arena.

We received a PIF that stated we needed to redo our permanent bids this morning to include furlough. From what it appears, we may start furloughing in September. We also received a fast read from the union yesterday afternoon saying they are doing what they can in order to prevent as many people from being furloughed as possible. The company also offered Time Off Without pay for the month of August but we aren't supposed to have a reduction in flying until the fall.

So yeah... waiting to see what is going to happen.

Furloughs are definitely coming, we just don't have hard numbers yet on how many. Not much that we can do at this point...just hang on tight and wait for the official word.

Airways keeps reducing flying with the increase in oil, looking at around 60 furloughs with 40 downgrades possible. 6 month time frame. Although those numbers are subject to change and not set in stone.

...and it affects me...

...ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

Airways keeps reducing flying with the increase in oil, looking at around 60 furloughs with 40 downgrades possible. Although those numbers are subject to change and not set in stone.

...and it affects me...

...ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

How far away are you from the 40 DG's not affecting you?

I've only got about 15 below me.

Got ya. So are these furloughs something that was sent out via e mail or letters to employees? Have a buddy who just finished year one and has not heard anything yet about this. Just wondering if this is set in stone or if this is just speculation?

Sorry to hear about the possible dg Wheels. I think I might have met you on a DH from PHL to RDU last week.

Hey Monty, have you heard any rumors on how long the furloughs might last?

Only the same stuff that Wheels posted earlier...looking at a 6 month time frame to start. As we all know though, it's going to go hand in hand with the oil situation. If something improves soon, then the recalls could begin early. Otherwise, it could get a lot worse before it gets any better. :(

Yeah, I heard anywhere from 30 days- 6 months so I just wanted to see if there was anything different. Hopefully things will get better... Ah, who knows.:banghead:

Back