Air Wisconsin Hiring

IIRC they are one of the lowest paying DX outfits in the regional space. But Appleton is cheap, so maybe not a bad gig.

IIRC they are one of the lowest paying DX outfits in the regional space. But Appleton is cheap, so maybe not a bad gig.

A lot of people really like it there and have made it a career destination. And rents and houses are indeed, relatively cheap. No idea on their current pay scale though.

I know a lot of awesome pilots and flight attendants with Air Wisconsin. Good luck to whoever gets this position. :)

Appleton, WI. Just south of Green Bay, and it's believed they have some seriously good bars in the area.

Existence of good bars is confirmed. There's a good brewpub attached to the local mall which is only a few miles from the airport (where the office is located.) And tons of other choices in the local area as well.

Among the regionals, you probably will find the best quality of life for the money at ZW. I turned down a chance to interview with them once and ended up at a regional in a higher cost of living area. Lucky dog to whoever gets the job! :)

The pay is pretty dire to start, but talking to some of the guys there, there’s a lot of OT expected this summer. Plus the contract is up for negotiation, assuming they’ll want to wait for flying to pick up more to start that process. They lost a lot of good people to cargo/other regionals since the start of the pandemic, and now that flying is increasing for old ZW they’re in a bit of a bind.

That said, the environment was great when I was around. And Appleton and the surround area is a wonderful place to live. Food, booze, and outdoors and the top three attractions in the northern half of the state. And you can always head to Milwaukee or Chicago if you want to get back to a city.

Someone at ZW wanna shoot me a DM? I have a couple of questions. THANKS!

Someone at ZW wanna shoot me a DM? I have a couple of questions. THANKS!
Dispatch specific? I may be wrong but I think I may be the only active ZW poster, but I’m a lowly driver…happy to answer questions if I can though?

Back