Air Wagner

mshunter

I believe this was posted in the thread that got deleted. If your a professional pilot it’s hard to watch. Just such a bad flight. And this isn’t Jerry flying for fun. This is a corporate flight. Owners wife is in the back. Guy in left seat from Jerry’s video defending the flight is supposedly a ATP that is typed in gulfstreams. It hard to believe that because he miss reads the departure and approach. Here’s something things to watch for. You can skip the cruise portion.

1) IFR Flight and they don’t know the altimeter taking runway. Jerry sets field elevation
2) don’t know rotation speed.
3)Fly the departure completely wrong. No clue how approach didn’t ask them why. Jerry proceeds to ask center why the big right turn. He says departure is runway heading. The two pilots still don’t realize the messed up
4) On approach they miss read the chart 4 times. They keep thinking ATC kept them high. The crossing at Cisbi is 7,700. ATC had them cross at 8. They both blame ATC. Jerry even ask tower why they were so high.
5)Landing at an airport and don’t know the runway length. Jerry ask tower how long the runway is.
Jesus Christ!

TWP

I believe this was posted in the thread that got deleted. If your a professional pilot it’s hard to watch. Just such a bad flight. And this isn’t Jerry flying for fun. This is a corporate flight. Owners wife is in the back. Guy in left seat from Jerry’s video defending the flight is supposedly a ATP that is typed in gulfstreams. It hard to believe that because he miss reads the departure and approach. Here’s something things to watch for. You can skip the cruise portion.

1) IFR Flight and they don’t know the altimeter taking runway. Jerry sets field elevation
2) don’t know rotation speed.
3)Fly the departure completely wrong. No clue how approach didn’t ask them why. Jerry proceeds to ask center why the big right turn. He says departure is runway heading. The two pilots still don’t realize the messed up
4) On approach they miss read the chart 4 times. They keep thinking ATC kept them high. The crossing at Cisbi is 7,700. ATC had them cross at 8. They both blame ATC. Jerry even ask tower why they were so high.
5)Landing at an airport and don’t know the runway length. Jerry ask tower how long the runway is.
Is this type of stuff common in the small corporate aircraft world? Serious question. It’s the reason I’ve never taken a serious look at that side of the game, even now with the future so uncertain.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Fly the departure completely wrong. No clue how approach didn’t ask them why.
happens all the time and sometimes it’s just easier to get you off my frequency and out of my airspace. I don’t think a lot of you guys who are mostly solely 121 remember just how many terrible pilots there are.

Like the MMU7 departure you would think is this extremely complicated SID based on how many people Jack it up on a daily basis (especially off of 31, apparently right/left is very hard to figure out)

SteveC

Really?
Staff member
Is this type of stuff common in the small corporate aircraft world? Serious question. It’s the reason I’ve never taken a serious look at that side of the game, even now with the future so uncertain.
Hell no.

edit to add: I believe that to be an aberration from my anecdotal evidence only. Maybe others have seen it(?).

Reactions: TWP

KLB

The thing with corporate aviation is that it varies from flight department to flight department, management company to management company, and account to account. I'd say do your research. Don't just go to an interview looking for a job, but interview a potential employer also to see if they promote the type of safety culture that you seek. All 135 operators have to have checklist, SOP's, and a SMS program per requirements from the FAA and operations auditing companies. But is the operator you're looking to be hired onto actually following them. I haven't flown for an operator (91 or 135) that has not been following the items mentioned. But it doesn't take a very hard look at accident and incident reports to find operators that have not...

mightynimbus

hahaha, I found a video of the "girls wanna have fun" flight , obviously if mentioned here, he would pull copyright take down.
I have seen it before, as many have,
Watching the pure incompetence and lack of respect for "safety margins" is remarkable.

Absent the idea that only a fool would let their loved ones ride with Jerry.
If I was so dumb as to be fooled, and saw that later, If my daughter was on that plane, at some point Jerry would be nursing a back eye and a crowd around him
What a junk show