Air Wagner

TWP

His new one. My guess is this is a move to stroke his fragile ego. He took a beating in the comments on the Little River flights. Comments talking about what he did wrong getting 180, 200 likes. His fans couldn’t drown out the negative comments. My guess he will post a very vanilla flight with him doing nothing wrong. On it talk about the keyboard pilots and trolls that drag him down. Say hes considering not posting videos anymore. His fans will light up the comment section with Jerry your the best. Don’t let the trolls get you down. His ego will be stroked. He did a similar move after the ILS into Oakland below minimums.
Shame he won’t listen. Coulda saved his life. As it stands now it’s only a matter of time before he’s scattered across an airfield. Hopefully he doesn’t hurt anyone else when the aviation gods finally decide to take him.

qflyer

My guesses in order of likelihood:

1. Letter from the FAA about his most recent video riding right seat with a friend. He sounds a lot like a (crappy) instructor instead of just a safety pilot. FAA doesn’t like it when people give instruction without the appropriate certificates. It won’t help that his instruction included a flyby for the tower in IFR conditions.
  2. Letter from the FAA about his “maintenance test flight” in a friend’s 320 where he made multiple low passes violating 91.119(c) with his own cameraman being the person within 500’.
  3. Letter from the FAA regarding his recent trip into Little River.
  4. 5-figure fine from the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. Several months ago, he posted a VFR sightseeing flight from Monterey to OAK. Besides the usual low altitude shenanigans over the Santa Cruz Pier that the FAA should have pursued, he then flew right through the protected MBNMS at 100’. His flight aware track confirms it all, and if I recall, he even told ATC his position and altitude in the MBNMS when he terminated services. If the FAA didn’t get him, I’d bet it was the California tree huggers. They don’t typically just let intentional violations of their marine sanctuaries go.

Autothrust Blue

Commander Air Group, BSG-75
5-figure fine from the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. Several months ago, he posted a VFR sightseeing flight from Monterey to OAK. Besides the usual low altitude shenanigans over the Santa Cruz Pier that the FAA should have pursued, he then flew right through the protected MBNMS at 100’. His flight aware track confirms it all, and if I recall, he even told ATC his position and altitude in the MBNMS when he terminated services. If the FAA didn’t get him, I’d bet it was the California tree huggers. They don’t typically just let intentional violations of their marine sanctuaries go.
Now that would be an entertaining poop-show to watch, though it should be noted, as it is on the chart, that flight below X feet there violates not-FAA regulations, merely other ones.

Did Jerry get removed off Youtube?
All of his stuff appears to be currently unpublished.

fl450pilot

My guesses in order of likelihood:

1. Letter from the FAA about his most recent video riding right seat with a friend. He sounds a lot like a (crappy) instructor instead of just a safety pilot. FAA doesn’t like it when people give instruction without the appropriate certificates. It won’t help that his instruction included a flyby for the tower in IFR conditions.
  2. Letter from the FAA about his “maintenance test flight” in a friend’s 320 where he made multiple low passes violating 91.119(c) with his own cameraman being the person within 500’.
  3. Letter from the FAA regarding his recent trip into Little River.
  4. 5-figure fine from the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. Several months ago, he posted a VFR sightseeing flight from Monterey to OAK. Besides the usual low altitude shenanigans over the Santa Cruz Pier that the FAA should have pursued, he then flew right through the protected MBNMS at 100’. His flight aware track confirms it all, and if I recall, he even told ATC his position and altitude in the MBNMS when he terminated services. If the FAA didn’t get him, I’d bet it was the California tree huggers. They don’t typically just let intentional violations of their marine sanctuaries go.
It’s probably 1-3. Think about that decision making. All three of those took place in under three weeks. FAA probably finally had to do something.

MidlifeFlyer

Now that would be an entertaining poop-show to watch, though it should be noted, as it is on the chart, that flight below X feet there violates not-FAA regulations, merely other ones.

All of his stuff appears to be currently unpublished.
Yep. As far as I can tell videos (some or all) are there but marked private.

Autothrust Blue

Commander Air Group, BSG-75
There’s gonna be someone either on this site or pprune or apcentral or I guess even the reddit piloting subs with enough connections to find out if Jerry found himself the recipient of a big brown certified envelope.
I guess I could go see if you can get an enforcement report under FOIA. Always wanted to try it and find out.

fl450pilot

Don’t think he had his license suspended. His plane N513SJ flew yesterday. And listening to LiveATC it’s his voice. But who knows knowing Jerry. He would probably get his license suspended and still fly right seat and work radios.

mshunter

Don’t think he had his license suspended. His plane N513SJ flew yesterday. And listening to LiveATC it’s his voice. But who knows knowing Jerry. He would probably get his license suspended and still fly right seat and work radios.
I don't think he'd even bother sitting in the right seat honestly.

MidlifeFlyer

Suspension don't happen that quickly unless the FAA goes the emergency revocation route, which is unlikely.

My most likely enforcement-related scenario (understanding that my crystal ball hasn't worked in years)? Someone took the step of reporting "giving instruction" on the FAA hotline. Unless the FAA dismisses it out of hand, that requires the FAA to do at least a small investigation even if it looks like BS on its face.

milleR

It’s the internet, nothing completely disappears. For example ...

This is interesting, I know a member or two here had exported some of JW's YT videos to Vimeo but now none of them show up. That video I posted was playing as of this morning and is now gone. Odd.