Air Wagner

zmiller4

My impression was that a truly hard landing in the ATR would involve a giant bounce rather than a single solid thump...the touchdown didn’t look too terrible.

That last 500’ though....the guy saying “dagadagadagadagadaga” summed it up perfectly, that’s the noise my kids would make when they were toddlers before the did something monumentally dumb.

TUCKnTRUCK

That guy
High? Nothing that a slip can't fix.

Had an IOE FO throw the mega dash into a full forward slip on short final as they were yet again high, and not lined up on the visual.

Total Nav/Com failure in the 1900 with hard IMC didn’t raise my heart rate nearly as much as that slip.

Offline pilot non rev in the front stayed on after the pax got off. Pretty sure he left finger imprints in the arm rests. That thing got sideways and fell. Like- I nailed rating power as soon as I realized what the FO did- and we still landed “fell”. The engines spooled right before we “landed” so it was a bit odd as the landing was pretty soft, the spoiler popped and then we went faster again.

If I ever get myself into a spot where I need to slip to the runway in a larger turbine airplane? We’re doing another tour of the airport and trying again. Not repeating that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beefy McGee

My impression was that a truly hard landing in the ATR would involve a giant bounce rather than a single solid thump...the touchdown didn’t look too terrible.

That last 500’ though....the guy saying “dagadagadagadagadaga” summed it up perfectly, that’s the noise my kids would make when they were toddlers before the did something monumentally dumb.
Mine says something more like "I cut-the-potatoes-cut-the-potatoes-cut-the-potatoes".

mightynimbus

I didn't watch it yet but here is another video...

Typical, within 3 minutes he is doing something dumb.
Then at 29:30 he is observing true airspeed is "cool at 244" totally ignoring the adjacent gauge that says VNE is 240.
220 indicated works out to 240-250 true depending on assumptions so Garmin was probably correct,
but the wizard of the skies does not get it.

Probably just as well, because he probably would haul back on the yoke to "bleed off speed"

He probably has a "really smooth air" VNE conversion chart there some where

Last edited:

qflyer

After he forced the nose onto the runway and decided to go around, you can see the fuel flow come up and then drop as he advanced the throttles. The video cuts and comes back with him pushing the mixtures and props forward and his wife gasping.

Basically, he left his mixtures leaned which starved at least one engine as the power came up on the go around.

Full flaps, gear down, throwing levers around with the engines starved of fuel 30’ off the ground. Typical Jerry. Flaps stayed down until he finally got them up on downwind, and on his second landing attempt he edited out the turn to final because he overshot so far it looked like a right base to final.

How’s he still alive?

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
After he forced the nose onto the runway and decided to go around, you can see the fuel flow come up and then drop as he advanced the throttles. The video cuts and comes back with him pushing the mixtures and props forward and his wife gasping.

Basically, he left his mixtures leaned which starved at least one engine as the power came up on the go around.

Full flaps, gear down, throwing levers around with the engines starved of fuel 30’ off the ground. Typical Jerry. Flaps stayed down until he finally got them up on downwind, and on his second landing attempt he edited out the turn to final because he overshot so far it looked like a right base to final.

How’s he still alive?
Maybe an instrument error on the fuel flow, the Shadin was within a few GPH of each other
Shoving the props to max after firewalling the throttles and then taking RPM past redline was nice... if you wanna use reduced RPM on approach maybe push it full forward before you start slamming throttles to the stops
Had no flaps in when he turned base for take 2, some creative editing and he's configured

mightynimbus

Maybe an instrument error on the fuel flow, the Shadin was within a few GPH of each other
Shoving the props to max after firewalling the throttles and then taking RPM past redline was nice... if you wanna use reduced RPM on approach maybe push it full forward before you start slamming throttles to the stops
Had no flaps in when he turned base for take 2, some creative editing and he's configured
I was wondering about mismatched flow as well, in that subsequent video he tells the right seater to ignore those and look at shadin.
Not sure about the history of that, or compliance with any regs, but seems to be known issue