Air Tours? Bahamas, FL, AZ and where else?

TangoBravo

Hi folks,

new here, looking for information on air tour ops anywhere.
The good, the bad, the ugly... there was a post about a company in AZ but the positions filled within 2 days.
Also interested in pipeline work, aerials and bannertowing (only 12 hours in 185's but not TW endorsed...yet)

Any info appreciated!

TB

Hi folks,

new here, looking for information on air tour ops anywhere.
The good, the bad, the ugly... there was a post about a company in AZ but the positions filled within 2 days.
Also interested in pipeline work, aerials and bannertowing (only 12 hours in 185's but not TW endorsed...yet)

Any info appreciated!

TB
Yeah me too. I've started the research process for my next job, and I have decided it's going to be someplace nice, like Hawaii, The Bahamas, south Florida, or some place like tha, but especially Hawaii. I've been looking around for aerial tour companies in Hawaii, but can't find any information about hiring. Any help would be appreciated. I have 1350TT with about 400 hours of part 135 twin-turboprop SIC. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a living wage and a respectable amount of flight time per month, oh and no long ass contract.

I'm not sure who it is, but there is a VFR135 company located somewhere in the Outerbanks in NC. An old student of mine worked for them. Also, Vieques AirLink flies Trilanders and Islanders. It's a beautiful place to live, but there isn't too much to do nor is there any real infrastructure.

Yes Tar Heel - they placed an "add report" about their problems getting pilots who want to live on the islands in some 2005 or 2006 AOPA magazine. Very smart move! Back then they where desperate for good jockeys. I wish I could do that. Minimums are beyond me - and 500 ME is out of the question. Looks like they wave the 1500 req. but they look like they get enough high time AK jockeys. I actually meet all requirements except for the 1500/500... LOL

Have you considered Seaborne?

http://www.seaborneairlines.com/corporate/pilot.php

You need to have a Comm. Multi Engine Sea rating as their Twin Otters are on floats. Carribean flying.

Do you know anything else about this company? Is their pay respectable? Is the scheduling OK?

The only problem is where the hell do you get a MES rating? I bet that has to be expensive. I'm looking around the internet for places to get your commercial MES, and the cheapest plane I'm finding is like $450 per hour :( Has anyone ever seen a cheap $180/hr wet (lol wet) Twin Comanche on floats?

Do you know anything else about this company? Is their pay respectable? Is the scheduling OK?

The only problem is where the hell do you get a MES rating? I bet that has to be expensive. I'm looking around the internet for places to get your commercial MES, and the cheapest plane I'm finding is like $450 per hour :( Has anyone ever seen a cheap $180/hr wet (lol wet) Twin Comanche on floats?

The cheapest MES I have found is about 500/ hour. Seems to be the tone for some old corrosive Apache... ;)
It's a pretty awesome company, gotta live on a tight belt for the first year or so, and the initial contract seems to be 24 months.
Back in 2006 they reported 85 hours a month, with short flights. High winds and lots of beatyful ladies is what you may have to put up with... Ugly, I know! ;)

Back