Air Tour Pilots

$1800/month however $300/month is witheld until the end of the season. You can be sure I'll report on JC whether or not the "bonus" is paid out at the end. The season ends sometime around November; it was early Nov, now late Nov.

Except for the most recent 3 week period I have been living on tips alone which allows my full paycheck to be deposited into savings. The work has slowed way down although is expected to pick up to the former pace in another coupla' weeks. Slow down apparently attributed to the annual summer heat-a-thon.

Experience with density alt and gusty cross winds are the 2 things you'll need. However I also suggest heavy drinking so there's that.:bandit:

EDIT: The AA website hasn't been updated in a long while. AA is strictly Part 91...limited to 25 nm radius. No x/c, operations at KPGA only. Tour groups are 99% French tourists. Frogs are not known for satisfactory habits in personal hygiene....

Page is such a cool airport. This is a great chance for low time pilots to have a ton of fun! The grand canyon on one side, Lake Powell on the other. I tried there when I first started the job hunt but I didn't have any luck.

$1800/month however $300/month is witheld until the end of the season. You can be sure I'll report on JC whether or not the "bonus" is paid out at the end. The season ends sometime around November; it was early Nov, now late Nov.

Except for the most recent 3 week period I have been living on tips alone which allows my full paycheck to be deposited into savings. The work has slowed way down although is expected to pick up to the former pace in another coupla' weeks. Slow down apparently attributed to the annual summer heat-a-thon.

Experience with density alt and gusty cross winds are the 2 things you'll need. However I also suggest heavy drinking so there's that.:bandit:

EDIT: The AA website hasn't been updated in a long while. AA is strictly Part 91...limited to 25 nm radius. No x/c, operations at KPGA only. Tour groups are 99% French tourists. Frogs are not known for satisfactory habits in personal hygiene....

What's the housing/living situation like out there?

What's the housing/living situation like out there?
The housing is tight, so much that I found myself actually making (and meaning) a comment I never my wildest dreams thought I'd say: "I'm fortunate enough to have found a crapped out moble home to live in."

That happened after my 2nd night in a hotel room after my arrival here. And in spite of beating the bushes there were zero prospects in the future. It was a fluke that I and my roommate found that place.

I still watch the housing market and after several months can say there are places available but the thing is they don't stay on the market for very long...you have to jump RIGHT NOW when you find a listing.

Page is an isolated town, it's no less than 2 hour drive to a town more than a wide spot on the road. It's also a destination for tourists and vacationers. Those two factors mean that 1)housing stays tight; 2)the rents are at a premium. I was paying $750/month for a crappy partially furnished single wide with one roommate. Just yesterday we moved in with a 3rd pilot in his double wide so now my portion is $210/month.

But it's easy to save money here if you don't have debt.:D

All in all if you stay focused on your goal it's not bad.

UND- are you flying for them or in CVG? If you work out there- how much are you working only 5 days or 7 days. How much fun you having and where are you living?

Back