Air Safety in Phoenix Shuts Down..

This is why my flight school requires our payment up front from our international students before starting flight training. We do some ground training with them since it doesn't cost us anything extra to throw them in a ground school, but no flying till money is paid.

Luckly we fairly price our program unlike other schools such as ATP and DCA that cost at least an extra $20k than they should.

To the 100 employees -- PROP LOCKS!
:yeahthat:

and actually file the grievance paperwork with the state

I worked at a place that closed up shop overnight and was never paid. I was one of only three employees out of 30 or so that actually filed the paperwork. Judgement was found in my favor, but we were at the bottom of the creditor priority list. Maybe someday I will get a check for that.

Dee offered me a job back in the summer, we talked, and I didn't like anything that I heard.

It always leave a bad taste in my mouth when I hear of students being treated like this.

I remember being over there a couple months ago and got bad vibes from the get go...I hope things can be worked out for the employees and students

I visited AirSafety in July when I was shopping for a school to earn my CFI. The arrangements for CFI students to become employed there upon completion of training seemed perfect...too perfect. It was reminiscent of Bond films where he tours the villian's operation only to be kidnapped shortly thereafter. I hope both the students and instructors involved are able to successfully navigate this hurdle in their careers.

Is this Dee?

0610011_2.jpg

It's very sad to see another school go out. We have one of the Air Safety students here right now. Luckily, he only lost about $700.00, but I'm sure there are many more students that have lost far more money.

This wasn't a shutdown, it was a furlough simulation to better prepare students for the harsh realities of modern 121 flying.

I've heard from many people that if you question Dee about ANYTHING, he blows up huge and goes into a rage. I've also heard from instructors who worked there that if you bad mouth him at all, or say you don't like anything about the school, he will literally flip out and start threatening to file a slander/libel lawsuit against you. All of this from a person who was reported on the news as screwing over dozens of students.

and in case he reads this and wants to sue me for libel, "The above statement is pure opinion and is no way presented as the truth."

I truly feel sorry for the students. Poor kids. Most of the Indians that I know are truly the nicest people whom i've ever met.

I've heard from many people that if you question Dee about ANYTHING, he blows up huge and goes into a rage. I've also heard from instructors who worked there that if you bad mouth him at all, or say you don't like anything about the school, he will literally flip out and start threatening to file a slander/libel lawsuit against you. All of this from a person who was reported on the news as screwing over dozens of students.

and in case he reads this and wants to sue me for libel, "The above statement is pure opinion and is no way presented as the truth."

I truly feel sorry for the students. Poor kids. Most of the Indians that I know are truly the nicest people whom i've ever met.
There was a instructors meeting there about a year and a half ago when the international thing was coming about. He got pissed at everyone when questions were being risen and within a month and a half 90 percent of us were out of there.

There was a instructors meeting there about a year and a half ago when the international thing was coming about. He got pissed at everyone when questions were being risen and within a month and a half 90 percent of us were out of there.

Ahhhhh, that was a day to remember.......!!

So then is it worth working there. Have the contract issues been worked out? I have no problem training foregin students, but what about the pay? Was/is it hourly and if so how much?

So then is it worth working there. Have the contract issues been worked out? I have no problem training foregin students, but what about the pay? Was/is it hourly and if so how much?

Did you read the entire thread? I think you will be able to answer your own question:)

Did you read the entire thread? I think you will be able to answer your own question:)

I did read the entire thread. All I got was that there is an individual who is very...uh...unpleasant. It still doesn't answer my other questions about the China contract and whether or not the pay issue has been resolved. I guess I am asking if any one has any follow-up?

Back