Air Medical (Ambulance) FIXED WING PILOT QUESTION

JACK A.

Hi Everyone looking for some feedback regarding any Air Medical (Ambulance) Companies in NY-NJ-DE that are actively hiring or at least worth looking into only one i keep coming upon with is FLYREVA based out of upstate NY its just out of "reach" driving wise for me? Thank you

I'm also from the NJ and find Air Ambulence interesting. Any fixed wing position around the NE or commutable options? Ideally I'd like to start out as a FO as I'm approaching 135 minimums.

I'm also from the NJ and find Air Ambulence interesting. Any fixed wing position around the NE or commutable options? Ideally I'd like to start out as a FO as I'm approaching 135 minimums.
You want to fly a 1-200 hour a year job as a low time pilot?
Camts is 2500tt and some other things iirc. It'd only take you 6ish years to upgrade!

You want to fly a 1-200 hour a year job as a low time pilot?
Camts is 2500tt and some other things iirc. It'd only take you 6ish years to upgrade!
That’s like bullet point number one or two of the medevac interview template. “This isn’t a time building job”

Get a job with Wiggins in New England first. Turbine PIC flying freight. You build time fairly fast. EMS companies like seeing single pilot IFR, and turbine PIC.

Get a job with Wiggins in New England first. Turbine PIC flying freight. You build time fairly fast. EMS companies like seeing single pilot IFR, and turbine PIC.

I actually have sent my resume to Wiggins, but I'm just slightly below 1200. I would love to try EMS eventually in a two man crew operation.

I just checked. I was scheduled for 180 days last year and worked about another 45 OT. I logged 93 hours and didn’t log (2 pilot crew) another 30.

The only things that put a smile on my face are that I only spent 5 days away from home (recurrent) and that my per flight hour pay beats that of the most senior A380 captain. ;)

It’s the perfect retirement gig, unless you haven’t retired.

Pretty sure AMRG hires lowish time fo's for Alaska
Yeah, not sure how much flight time they get up there.
The only King air FOs are out of OTZ. 2 week schedule. ~100 hours a year. Why you'd do that as a low time person, I have no idea. You just rot out there. Especially considering you're really just right seat ballast in that plane.
The schedule shows ANC King Air SICs as well.

The only King air FOs are out of OTZ. 2 week schedule. ~100 hours a year. Why you'd do that as a low time person, I have no idea. You just rot out there. Especially considering you're really just right seat ballast in that plane.
Yeah, single pilot in a King Air really is easy enough. Don't think I would've wanted to give up the empty seat to put my stuff on for an SIC when I flew it. And yeah, air ambulance as a low timer is probably one of the least productive jobs out there.

AeroAir out of Hillsboro puts SIC’s on medevac flights. Currently they don’t have any listed other than PIC positions. I’d second the advice above with regard to some freight hauling time, with the caveat that Wiggins is owned by Ameriflight now so approach that mess well informed.

Back