Air Bahn...?

ugxyh.jpg

Old story. One plane. Not much info but I'm expecting lowwwwww pay.

Seems like potential. Dude also owns AirBlue from Karachi. They have 10 planes with 1 on order

According to the same nerdy source, AirBahn's only aircraft is currently flying for AirBlue. Seems like the infrastructure is largely there, except legal US workers.

Question for airline guys - can you take another airline job while on furlough and then come back if called up?

Question for airline guys - can you take another airline job while on furlough and then come back if called up?
Yes. Some employers will ask you to forfeit recall rights if hired, or at least this used to be the case. I haven't heard of it happening yet in this round of poop sandwich. I've also heard that in some cases the original company will ignore any forfeit of recall rights, since it was pretty obviously made under duress.

similar with some other thoughts....

Would airline #1 have a problem with you getting a job at airline #2 while on furlough? I don't think so.

My understanding is that the problem would come from airline #2 wanting verification that you gave up your seniority number at airline #1. So you won't be eligible for call back. Unless, of course, there is some prior understanding/agreement between the two airlines.....which I guess is possible.

Maybe an agreement where a wholly owned regional takes on furloughed mainline guys temporarily.

similar with some other thoughts....

Would airline #1 have a problem with you getting a job at airline #2 while on furlough? I don't think so.

My understanding is that the problem would come from airline #2 wanting verification that you gave up your seniority number at airline #1. So you won't be eligible for call back. Unless, of course, there is some prior understanding/agreement between the two airlines.....which I guess is possible.

Maybe an agreement where a wholly owned regional takes on furloughed mainline guys temporarily.
Not every airline requires giving up your seniority number. Quite frankly I'd be shocked if AirBahn asked you to do that.

Yes. Some employers will ask you to forfeit recall rights if hired, or at least this used to be the case. I haven't heard of it happening yet in this round of poop sandwich. I've also heard that in some cases the original company will ignore any forfeit of recall rights, since it was pretty obviously made under duress.
Allegedly theres at least one ACMI operator requiring forfeit of recall rights. Also some 135 and 91 outfits. It is happening unfortunately.

The Virgin Eskimo is offering long-term paid leaves and allowing folks to do other flying, as long as it doesn't compete

I've also heard that in some cases the original company will ignore any forfeit of recall rights, since it was pretty obviously made under duress.

Our contract actually says that the company will hold and report, but not process, any resignation letters received from a furloughed pilot.

Back