AIP at United for no furloughs

Cherokee_Cruiser

Real numbers for a vast majority of pilots...

With no agreement a 737 Captain is then Displaced to 737 FO. They would then be paid...

70*189= 13,230 working at least 70 hours a month

With this agreement if the company has him flying as a 737 FO it would be pay protected to his 737 Captain rate. That would pay....

52*284= 14,768 working one trip less.
In this case, the FO works a normal 70 hr schedule or more. But what about the 52 hr FO being paid the CA rate? What's his monthly obligation in terms of flight hours that he can be flown (or days worked)?

Seggy

In this case, the FO works a normal 70 hr schedule or more. But what about the 52 hr FO being paid the CA rate? What's his monthly obligation in terms of flight hours that he can be flown (or days worked)?
They would be paid at least 52 hours.

If they fly more, they would be paid more.

HRDiva

I’m truly confused here... are you saying that Trump is responsible for this economic downturn when there is more debt in the market than there was during the 2007-2009 time period? (Not to mention that companies have been incredibly reckless with their respective financial balance sheets.) Or are you saying that is incredibly bad taste to post such information when people are facing a potential furlough?
The latter. The wife copied it to the United spouses' group where a lot of spouses are in high anxiety mode over the furloughs.

Dphoenix

Love lasagna, hate mondays
It cares 2 passes, this deal is voided, and it’s business as usual? Asking for clarification.
But we still get most of the good stuff. The first class DH and the 5% and better reserve rules. They also have to take the money. I don't think the LTD cap increase triggers unless we flex and reduce a month at least once. However presumably cares would only be til like March, so, they'd very likely use it for April.

mwflyer

But we still get most of the good stuff. The first class DH and the 5% and better reserve rules. They also have to take the money. I don't think the LTD cap increase triggers unless we flex and reduce a month at least once. However presumably cares would only be til like March, so, they'd very likely use it for April.
I think cares 2 is dead now, the only thing congress is going to be concerned with is the Supreme Court.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Hell, Mesaba agreed to part time pilots nearly two decades ago to avoid furloughs. I heard guys worry about the same precedent then. In reality, it was so lacking in setting precedent that nobody even remembers it now.

Companies don’t want part time employees who get full time benefits. It’s bad business. It won’t last any longer than it’s needed.
Half time lines, company didnt ever want to use them again but it was better than Furloughing. Still in the jcba i believe for endeavor.

For personal reasons I'd be all over a half time line. Work two trips and get right back to being a dad.

Dphoenix

Love lasagna, hate mondays
I like how they tossed the NC under the bus by accusing them all of being junior... but this group represents er'body.
And most of the displacements they show the NC/MEC taking are pretty minor, like 756CA to A320CA... Okay that ain't a huge deal. Oh gee, a whole $10/hr of pay protection in most cases (I'm excluding the 400, and that thing won't be flying much for awhile anyway) They'll be giving up more under this TA at least for 7-8 months. After that timeframe, I think flying will be recovered enough this thing will basically sunset itself out pretty fast for senior guys, especially since it's tied to BLOCK and not load factor, and the block rounds up. At only 52.7% of 2019 block, it rounds up to the 55% level which is 63 hours for group A and B.