AGI privilages:

CaptainChris87

As an AGI could I sign myself off to take a written? I.E. I took my FOI and FIA written December of 2006 I understand they have a 24 calander month expiration, but I still have not taken my CFI initial checkride so I need to re take them.-Thanks

There are no endorsements required for the FOI or FIA knowledge tests.

You shouldn't have to take the FOI again anyway. You only have to take it once, and you already did to get the AGI.

It is in pt61. A CFI may not make any self endorsements.

I'm not here to bust your nuts CptnChris, but this is a prime example of why I think the Ground Instructor Certs are worthless.

Flight Instructors should know this stuff. sorry about the threadjack this morning. i guess Im cranky and need more coffee.

that being siad, I'm glad you asked so that you learn and others can learn from your question

Well I believe the main purpose of the AGI and IGI is so you can teach a 141 ground school. The written sign off stuff is just kind of a side bar.

Well I believe the main purpose of the AGI and IGI is so you can teach a 141 ground school. The written sign off stuff is just kind of a side bar.

You can do that as a CFI/CFII as well. The only advantage I see is that the AGI/IGI don't expire, whereas your CFI/CFII can.

I'm not here to bust your nuts CptnChris, but this is a prime example of why I think the Ground Instructor Certs are worthless.

Flight Instructors should know this stuff. sorry about the threadjack this morning. i guess Im cranky and need more coffee.

that being siad, I'm glad you asked so that you learn and others can learn from your question

Another question is someone her ementioned the FOI written doesnt expire, what about my FIA if I have an AGI? Its because I havent taken my CFI checkride yet, do I need to retake the FIA then even if I already have an AGI?

Another question is someone her ementioned the FOI written doesnt expire, what about my FIA if I have an AGI? Its because I havent taken my CFI checkride yet, do I need to retake the FIA then even if I already have an AGI?

If your FIA exam has expired, yes, you have to take it again. The AGI has no bearing on the FIA exam. Having the AGI just means you never have to take the FOI again.

Michael

Back