After 10 hours in the Seneca...

JEP

Malko In Charge
Staff member
4 bars....Congrats are in order I guess. Last time I checked traffic pilots did wear uniforms...... :nana2:

slushie

C56X ATP CFII MEI
4 bars....Congrats are in order I guess. Last time I checked traffic pilots did wear uniforms...... :nana2:
Like I've said my Traffic Watch uniform is a bright orange Five Iron Frenzy shirt.

I bought the pilot shirt solely for a theme party at the house.
In fact, it would be great if my career progressed in such a way that I never had to wear that shirt.

bdhill1979

Gone West
In fact, it would be great if my career progressed in such a way that I never had to wear that shirt.
:yeahthat:

My boss wanted me to wear a silly uniform with stripes when we carry clients, I talked him into just a polo shirt (which I usually wear anyway).

Crisis averted

Go slay that ride man.

Derg

New Arizona, Il Duce/Warlord
Staff member
...over about a month and a half...thanks West Air....
I'm ready for the checkride.
Also, a picture says a thousand words:
What happened to the "Grizzly Adams" you were sporting there, man? :) I guess I'm dating myself if I know the term, "Grizzly Adams".

slushie

C56X ATP CFII MEI
So what happen?
-Kicked the ground portion in the nards.
-Flew eh...OK during manuevers, VMC demo, etc.
-My lack of instrument proficiency and doing a checkride at 80 degrees celcius combined for a pink slip. I screwed up the ILS. There goes my financial buffer... and my sanity.

What happened to the "Grizzly Adams" you were sporting there, man? :) I guess I'm dating myself if I know the term, "Grizzly Adams".
Uh, dah beard? I shaved it off for an "interview." Now it's comin back. ZZ top stylin.

slushie

C56X ATP CFII MEI
:yeahthat:

My boss wanted me to wear a silly uniform with stripes when we carry clients, I talked him into just a polo shirt (which I usually wear anyway).

Crisis averted

Go slay that ride man.
During my stay at the HND chillax room, I surveyed about two turbine pilots with anything more than a polo shirt.

Derg

Staff member
Oh schnap! I read too fast :(

Now if I said I didn't have a pink slip, I'd be lying.

Derg

Staff member
Mine was when the DPE pulled the landing gear motor C/B and the gear light C/B during initial rotation, I went out, shot the DME ARC, did a spanky VOR approach and the gear never went down.

His beef? "You needed to look into the mirror to CONFIRM that the gear retracted" despite the fact that I was under the hood.

Seemed a little "We're gonna show that Riddle student since they went self-examining and I've lost 99% of my business but there's a couple stragglers to pick on to prove my point to the local FSDO" but I kept it positive, did some "retraining" and used a different DPE for my retest.

I still hate that guy! :)

slushie

C56X ATP CFII MEI
Mine was when the DPE pulled the landing gear motor C/B and the gear light C/B during initial rotation, I went out, shot the DME ARC, did a spanky VOR approach and the gear never went down.

His beef? "You needed to look into the mirror to CONFIRM that the gear retracted" despite the fact that I was under the hood.

Seemed a little "We're gonna show that Riddle student since they went self-examining and I've lost 99% of my business but there's a couple stragglers to pick on to prove my point to the local FSDO" but I kept it positive, did some "retraining" and used a different DPE for my retest.

I still hate that guy! :)
Yeah now that sounds fishy.

Derg

Staff member
It was. But what do you do? Dust yourself off and knock it in the butt or grieve the failure which would take longer.