AE vacany/displacement bid

stan why don't you just displace to the ERJ, that way at least that way you can stay in DFW. Or even better displace to the ATR, I hear that plane stays very cool in the summer time.

stan why don't you just displace to the ERJ, that way at least that way you can stay in DFW. Or even better displace to the ATR, I hear that plane stays very cool in the summer time.
Adam, I've got my displacement bid in for the EMB/DFW. Just keeping my fingers x'd that I get it.

I thought about the ATR, but as someone mentioned - it'd be a pay cut that I'm just not willing to take.

Gonzo, if I do get displaced to ORD, I'll be dropping you a line. Keep me in mind if that's cool.

I did see the lone ATR on the prop ramp Friday evening.

We're still a while off from having an exact number of necessary furloughs, but I'll tell y'all as soon as I can. Plan on 100<x<200.

Best of luck.

Adam, I've got my displacement bid in for the EMB/DFW. Just keeping my fingers x'd that I get it.

I thought about the ATR, but as someone mentioned - it'd be a pay cut that I'm just not willing to take.

Gonzo, if I do get displaced to ORD, I'll be dropping you a line. Keep me in mind if that's cool.

Stan,
I forget, are you only allowed one displacement bid? If so, and you're not able to hold it, do they just give you whatever they want?

If you end up in ORD, I don't think the commute is all that horrible--at least there's 23 flights a day or something like that. If you end up having a crash pad and spending no more than 4 or 5 nights a month in it, it's actually a much better deal to just stay in a hotel for those nights--$40/night, and you don't have to worry about loud pilots or the stupid Blue Line.

Good luck guys!

Got your displacement bid in, Charlie? What's the word on the street in that regard?

I've been out of touch for about a month as I've been out on FMLA, etc.

It's looking like I will get displaced to ORD on the CRJ if my displacement bid for the EMB in DFW is denied.

Either way....good luck!

Oh...and I'm back on the 30th.

My displacement preferences are in DECS. I don't qualify for the 'proffer to displace' stuff due to training lock at present anyhow. Unless I'm pushed out, I'm not going anywhere.

Jetnet's going to get swamped as soon as the bids are posted. This should be interesting. The buzz in the crew room will be all kinds of fun.

See you sometime around the 30th. We'll have to do the Dunkin'.

Stan,
I forget, are you only allowed one displacement bid? If so, and you're not able to hold it, do they just give you whatever they want?
I'm pretty sure I can put in more than one displacement bid. I'm probably going to reconsider the ATR just so I can stay in DFW. The pay cut will suck....bad! But it's something to consider...no?

As far as not being granted the displacement you bid for......I think you hit it on the head = I'm pretty sure they just give us whatever they want/need.

I just re-read the vacancy/displacement bid and there are 31 CRJ/ORD/FO vacancies coming open and 43 CRJ/DFW/FO's tapped to be displaced.......with NO EMB/DFW vacancies listed.

So, the chances of me staying in DFW on the EMB aren't looking to good.

However, there are 49 ATR/DFW/FO vacancies....so...... looks like if I want to stay in DFW, I'm going to have to bid the ATR.

Zmiller said:
If you end up in ORD, I don't think the commute is all that horrible--at least there's 23 flights a day or something like that. If you end up having a crash pad and spending no more than 4 or 5 nights a month in it, it's actually a much better deal to just stay in a hotel for those nights--$40/night, and you don't have to worry about loud pilots or the stupid Blue Line.

Good luck guys!
Good advice. Guess it'll depend on if I will be able to hold a line in ORD should I have to go there.

but remember stan that if you are displaced from the CRJ and your seniority could hold the ERJ you will get it. There doesn't have to a vacancy for it. Your seniority will then just push another person out of the ERJ in DFW.

Question is, will the pay cut on the ATR offset the expenses of commuting? If it cost you more to be a commuter, then it might be worth it to take the ATR. That actually wound up being the deciding factor b/w XJT and PCL for me. It woulda cost me more in commuting than the difference in first year FO pay between the two.

Question is, will the pay cut on the ATR offset the expenses of commuting? If it cost you more to be a commuter, then it might be worth it to take the ATR. That actually wound up being the deciding factor b/w XJT and PCL for me. It woulda cost me more in commuting than the difference in first year FO pay between the two.
Good question, Steve, and I have an answer as we crunched some numbers tonight for that very same scenario.

If I were to bid and be awarded the ATR, I would lose approximately $3024/yr in guaranteed salary (no per diem, etc.) for the rest of this year (assuming I start ATR training in September) and into March when I start 4th year pay - at which time the difference would be $4320/yr. guaranteed salary that I'd not get by bidding the ATR.

Now...if I stay on the CRJ or EMB in ORD, I'd be paying no-rev (D2) fees to and from work (assuming I don't get the jump), plus around $3000/yr. in rent (assuming an average monthly rent of $250) or $2400/yr. in hotel fees (using 5 nights a month at $40/night for a year)...plus food....it'll probably be a wash.

That said, we'll see how it plays out. I'm hoping what Adam said is doable:

crashmber said:
but remember stan that if you are displaced from the CRJ and your seniority could hold the ERJ you will get it. There doesn't have to a vacancy for it. Your seniority will then just push another person out of the ERJ in DFW.

Fingers x'd.

Hell, I may even go pay for my ATP rating, fill out resume's, file for the LOA to keep my seniority number and see what's out there.

Who knows?

FWIW I am hoping to be displaced from DFW CRJ to DFW ATR....sit it out and see how the dust settles. Then sometime shortly after IOE (thinking February 09) look at the vacancies are try to bid back to the CRJ or if it all just sucks to the ERJ.

As much as I dislike commuting- I'm considering the other angle- pay. Staying DFW based would be ideal for me, but if staying in DFW meant going to the ATR and taking a fat paycut at the same time, that just doesn't make sense to me. I asked for ORD/EMJ as my first displacement. Why? When I get pushed out, I keep the jet scale of pay and just bid back into Dallas.

Then again if the line I picked up in ORD was good enough, commuting might not be that bad. Three day trips, a long turn for overtime, and a commute home might not really be that terrible.

Yeah but paying for D2's to ORD along with fighting for the jumpseat with AA Pilots, AA FAs, United Pilots, United FAs and the like....no thanks. Plus the idea of a crashpad and more could eat up the jet pay and QOL. Plus if I displaced to the ERJ I would never get the CRJ until I upgrade or get displaced again. I like the CRJ...we get fresh coffee!!!!!!

Back