Adjustment Disorder and military Medical Discharge

nmineau

I just got a letter from the Feds saying that they want a personal statement regarding the disorder and include any medical documents that demonstrate stability for review. I am not sure what they want as far as records because when I go out of the military it was kind of a cluster. it was a Chinese doctor and an Indian doctor being hard to understand but it went kind of like "U want to get out, no problem we get u out..." " No I want to stay in" no no don't worry we have way of getting you out good.." " no I want to stay in" "ok no problem u ok then." 2 weeks later I was told I had a class to go to and to be in building XYZ show up there to a pre-discharged class they said I would be out on Friday! I tried to stay in but they said it was too late and would have to reenlist. the Discharge was classed as a personality disorder saying I had Adjustment Disorder. I get out and want to try to figure out what it was about and I go to the VA and the Psych says I have nothing wrong it is only a diagnosis that lasts 6 months which had passed and was back to normal don't worry about it and it is a normal discharge... Do you guys have any paper work for me showing that.. No of course not why would we. They also lost my medical records which they cannot find today but the Feds seem to found them. When I asked my AME when I got the licence first time he said not to put it on there if that is what they told me. Now what can I do and give them been flying professionally for 5 years now and don't want to mess things up. what kind of test or other items can I do to get things going and make is a smooth issue?
Thanks Doc your amazing.

1) Request copies of your military medical records from the appropriate branch of service.
2) Get a copy of you VA medical records.

Sens all of that plus a personal statement to the FAA.

I had a full eval done just to have it in-case and have not head anything back from the FAA nor have I received my Special Issuance for my thyroid condition what was all good they said but no letter when should I panic? Medical was issued at Dr's office.

Back