ADF Summit 2024 - MCO

manniax

Well-met in the Ka-tet
From the Book Of Faces:

The 2024 ADF Summit in Orlando, FL is quickly approaching! Please register as soon as possible to ensure we have an accurate count for our reception, catering, and vendors!

Our agenda is almost finalized and includes: an open bar cocktail reception, an in-depth analysis of the Tenerife tragedy, the popular leadership panel with leadership teams from major airlines, discussions around Artificial Intelligence in Dispatch, updates on TSA RAPBACK, discussions with FAA Dispatch Inspectors, and much more!

Our negotiated room block is quickly filling up! Ensure you reserve your hotel room by Sep 13, 2024 to receive the discounted rate. The Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista is located a short shuttle (or 5 minute Uber) ride from Disney Springs. Disney Springs offers nightly live entertainment, dining, and attractions.

The ADF Summit presents an incredible opportunity to engage with industry leaders, government officials, and most importantly - your peers. Your support is essential to ADF's mission of advocating for the Dispatch Profession.

If you're not able to join us this year, please pass this invitation along to your peers and any future dispatchers - whether they are newly certificated and looking for work, or still evaluating a career in this prestigious industry. The ADF Summit presents the opportunity to network with operations control professionals across cargo, mainline, regional, and international airlines.

457234637_942942634543882_3936197589525906981_n.jpg

Our agenda is almost finalized and includes: an open bar cocktail reception, an in-depth analysis of the Tenerife tragedy, the popular leadership panel with leadership teams from major airlines, discussions around Artificial Intelligence in Dispatch, updates on TSA RAPBACK, discussions with FAA Dispatch Inspectors, and much more!

They sure do know how to bait the hook.

On a serious note, Ive never been to an ADF summit before. At the moment Im completely off on those days. For those that have gone is it worth it to go?

Depends on how you determine worth.
For me it was nice to talk to people and find out I'm not an idiot.

Well, Ive heard in the past that the best use of the summit is to network and talk with people at the Majors for advice on how to better get there yourself. Im already at a major and while networking is never bad I dont really need it at this point.

If its informative and theres cool stuff to see then Id love to go!

Depends on how you determine worth.
For me it was nice to talk to people and find out I'm not an idiot.
I can totally relate.

At my shop, other than building releases, which is totally fine, I get annoyed by how much ignorance there is in regards to the airline industry. At one point I used the phrase "Big 3" and one of them asked: What is that? The fact that he did not know who Herb K. or Frank L. or even PanAm was says a lot....

Or maybe it's just me.....

I can totally relate.

At my shop, other than building releases, which is totally fine, I get annoyed by how much ignorance there is in regards to the airline industry. At one point I used the phrase "Big 3" and one of them asked: What is that? The fact that he did not know who Herb K. or Frank L. or even PanAm was says a lot....

Were they dispatchers too?

I can totally relate.

Don’t get me wrong, loving what you do and the industry as a whole is not a bad thing. We have a pretty laid back job compared to what many others endure for much less pay. But for some people it’s just a job, a means to an end. And that’s 100% fine. I worked with a guy that wanted nothing to do with aviation outside of his scheduled hours, but he was still good at his job.

Personally for me, I’m fanboying out any time I see the queen of the skies. I can sit and talk about planes for hours on end and not get bored.

I can totally relate.

Most dispatchers are probably aviation geeks, but not everyone. I’m only in this field because of my family, and I know those people you mentioned because of that. However, I can barely tell the difference between planes just by looking at them lol

Most dispatchers are probably aviation geeks, but not everyone. I’m only in this field because of my family, and I know those people you mentioned because of that. However, I can barely tell the difference between planes just by looking at them lol
Yea I want little to do with planes or aviation when I am off. I know some go plane spotting, or general aviation flying, or plotting non rev optimization, or logging into flight simulator....not for me. Though I am here typing posts, so maybe I can't disconnect 100%....

Back