Addressing Cover Letters

sandstorm

I was just wondering if it was possible to get the names and titles of the specific airline reps attending the expo so that I can address a cover letter to specific people. In particular, I'm looking for US Airways, Kalitta, Delta, and Atlas.

If not, how do you guys suggest addressing a cover letter? ie To Whom It may Concern, Chief Pilot, etc.

Thanks for the info.

You don't need a cover letter at the event. You should get their card and follow up with a thank you letter, citing something from your conversation that reinforces the fact that you are a perfect match for their organization.

I was just wondering if it was possible to get the names and titles of the specific airline reps attending the expo so that I can address a cover letter to specific people. In particular, I'm looking for US Airways, Kalitta, Delta, and Atlas.

If not, how do you guys suggest addressing a cover letter? ie To Whom It may Concern, Chief Pilot, etc.

Thanks for the info.

To Whom It May Concern At US Airways
To Whom It May Concern At Delta Airlines

Now, when you get home, resend the the cover letter & resume to the people from the business cards along with a thank you note thanking them for their time & reiterating the type of job you are looking for.....

Perhaps sending the resume again works for some. Every recruiter I know hates getting duplicates. It's more work for us as we have to track every application received.

You don't need a cover letter at the event. You should get their card and follow up with a thank you letter, citing something from your conversation that reinforces the fact that you are a perfect match for their organization.
:yeahthat:

you're meeting the recruiters IN PERSON (the one you would send a cover letter too otherwise). A handshake is so much better than a cover letter...therefore, you don't need one.

Thanks for all the info. It's been eight years since I last had a job interview. I feel like a complete noob right now. :eek:

I know how you feel! when i was laid off from my 5 yr job, i felt like a fresh college student again. it was ugly HAHA

don't forget to make business cards for yourself! the more people you meet, the more opportunity you have that someone will lead you down some fork in the road (to what or where, we never know). :)

You should get their card and follow up with a thank you letter, citing something from your conversation that reinforces the fact that you are a perfect match for their organization.

Since this wasn't an actual interview, would a quick thank you email be appropriate or would you still suggest mailing an actual thank you note.

I would expect an email thank you if I were the recruiter.

But it's a strange world we live in. At work, we've been hiring like mad and bringing in candidates for interviews. I can count on one hand the number of thank you's I've received. Yet, out of desperation, we've hired these losers anyway. We've already had to fire two.

To Whom It May Concern At US Airways
To Whom It May Concern At Delta Airlines

no. no. no!

lazy person's way out.

I know this doesn't necessarily address the OP question, but I can't tell you how easy it is to find contact information on the internet and with a simple phone call.

It takes 5 minutes of googling a company, looking at their executive staff, finding either the chief pilot or director of ops and addressing a letter to them. If you can't find it, call the darn company and ask.

With regard to the OP question, the advice given in the rest of the thread is good; I'm moxiepilot and I approve this message.

Back