Additional Routes For Airlines

Joshua949

UNITED AIRLINES
Has applied to start service from Washington's Reagan National to San Francisco with 2
daily nonstops and 1 daily nonstop to Denver. Both to be operated with Boeing 757-200s.

AMERICAN AIRLINES
Has applied to start service from Los Angeles to Washington's
Reagan National Airport using Boeing 757s.

ALOHA
Has applied to operate twice daily nonstop Boeing 737 service from Washington's
Reagan National Airport to Orange County with continuing service to Honolulu.

AMERICA WEST
Has applied to operate 2 daily nonstops from Washington's Reagan National Airport
to Phoenix as well as 1 daily nonstop to Las Vegas.

ALASKA AIRLINES
Has applied to operate 2 additional nonstop flights from Washington's Reagan National
to Seattle as well as new service to Los Angeles.

DELTA
Has applied to operate an additional daily nonstop flight from Washington's Reagan National to
Salt Lake City. The flight would use a Boeing 737-800.

DELTA CONNECTION
Comair applied to operate a daily nonstop flight from Washington's Reagan National to Jackson
and one to Lexington. Both flights would use a Canadair RJ.

US AIRWAYS
Has applied to operate nonstop flights from Washington's Reagan National Airport to
Asheville, Chattannoga with 2 flights a day each. The airline also applied for 2 daily nonstops
to San Juan as well as 2 daily nonstops to San Francisco.

Whats with everyone wanting to all of a sudden fly longer routes out of DCA? I thought there was some type of restrition similar to the one at LGA.

Does anyone know what the reason is for the limited mileage of a flight originating at DCA? I forget what the distance is, maybe 1500NM, but why? LGA also has a limit I believe. Is it just to decrease traffic? And if they're going to give waivers out to airlines they should just eliminate the limits altogether.

Nick

LGA's restriction was put in place many years ago becuase almost all traffic was going into LGA, and politicians were trying to build up JFK. LGA is also restricted by the fact that part of its runways are built on piers, so no plane larger than a 767-400 can land there.

When I first read that I thought the all the airlines were trying to get in line to try to pick-up USAirs(if they have more problems) slots at DCA, but then I say they were applying for more too. Dunno. Didn't they lift the distance thing at LUV?

Back