Should he report?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Jeff418

Hello all,
I have a friend who unfortunately broke his back last summer. He is fine. However, in his medical report it showed he had adhd. This was news to him, so he went to his family doctor and had a written statement that said " xxxxxxxxx has never been diagnosed with adhd". He also got the ER doctor to say that that was an error on her part. Well all was well and he was approved for a first class medical. 3 months later when talking to his parents about this he was told that at age 7 he was actually diagnosed with adhd. He took meds until age 17, which he was told were vitamins. On his last medical he said that he had no mental disorders, going off the information that his family doctor gave him. Now he is afraid the faa can dig up his past from a child and say he lied on his medx form. Any advice?

And doc do you know any good people who could help me with this in the Denver area, Im afraid to let my AME know until it has been dealt with, i have a little more info perhaps I could email you.

Is ADHD itself an issue? Or is it the meds (if they decide to take them) the disqualifier for an FAA first class medical?

Thanks

Back