"...a step forward for all Mesa pilots" (huh?!)

Why?

They chose to work at Mesa. What could possibly make you think they'd man up and hold out for something better?

Economy is in the crapper, they chose a crapper of an airline to work for, and well, it's just Mesa.

Yes it was their fault, but considering Mesa was considered one of the best regionals to work for not too long ago kinda changes the dynamics. They chose one of the best, only to get screwed and end up with one of the worst.

I think what Rex is saying is that 49% of those voting felt strongly enough to vote "no" while 51% of those voting felt strongly enough to vote "yes." Only 76% of the pilot group voted, so 33% of the pilot group decided it was so insignificant, it wasn't even worth their time. If that 33% thought it was a bad deal, then they would have voted "no."

So, I'm with him. Doesn't seem very even when 1/3rd of your pilot group doesn't really care if it passes.

Passiveness of regional pilots to not vote YES or NO to a contract is one of the largest issues we face today.

Until we snap some reality into the faces of, largely, the young kids who think flying for a living is their little dream, we will continually be dealing with passive trust fund babies who don't care about the profession.

Passiveness of regional pilots to not vote YES or NO to a contract is one of the largest issues we face today.

Until we snap some reality into the faces of, largely, the young kids who think flying for a living is their little dream, we will continually be dealing with passive trust fund babies who don't care about the profession.

Eh, it isn't just the "babies", it would happen anyway I bet. Heck the strongest countries in the world can barley get a 50% vote rate. The NMB rules just happen to work against you where national votes for political office do not.

Is this a result of the general decline of unions in the U.S.? I don't know... just throwing it out there.

Indifference and passivity I think.

But what the hell do I know? :)

There are times that I haven't voted on issues in my own union. Usually I was angry, or indifferent or whatever. However, the big issues like TA's or big SLOA's I'd always vote on.

One thing about withholding your vote when you're angry about something... No one cares and you no longer reserve the right to complain.

news flash- my LEC chairman just announced his resignation... Because he is now my new RCP!!
Is this his reward?????

What's an RCP? Is that a management position? This is exactly why I support contractual language that prohibits union reps from holding management positions within 5 years after leaving union office.

What's an RCP? Is that a management position? This is exactly why I support contractual language that prohibits union reps from holding management positions within 5 years after leaving union office.

Regional Chief Pilot

Sorta like the union person spearheading the FA contract here suddenly became the new base manager in ATL.

Sorta like the union person spearheading the FA contract here suddenly became the new base manager in ATL.

The Pinnacle USW unit was the most useless and corrupt union I think I've ever witnessed. It wasn't just that one rep, it was one after another ending up in inflight management positions, and in very short order after getting that horrible contract. But hey, they got roller bags! :rolleyes:

The Pinnacle USW unit was the most useless and corrupt union I think I've ever witnessed. It wasn't just that one rep, it was one after another ending up in inflight management positions, and in very short order after getting that horrible contract. But hey, they got roller bags! :rolleyes:

Well, she's not base manager anymore. Conspiracy of a different sort took her down. And from what a couple of FAs tell me, that bag won't fit in the overhead very well anyway.....

Yep. He's now on Dough's seniority list. I wouldn't really call him a "big time" union guy, though. He held the position, but he was never really a true-believer trade unionist.

Back