A Special Thanks to @MattC206

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
A special thanks goes out to @mattc206

Matt created a “Zoom Chat” on Saturdays during the darkest days of the COVID lockdown where people who were sitting down doing nothing on a Saturday night could grab a cocktail, log on and touch base with other members of JC. Funny stories, trials, tribulations topics ranging from aviation nerd to current events to hot wing recipes to drive-thru liquor stores are fair game.

It‘s a little snippet of NetworkJC. Just aviation professionals getting together, conversing and feeling a little less weird and a lot more “community”

It’s still going strong, I actually bid to be able to join the chat and I know it’s helped ME through the pandemic and lots of other people.

So, @mattc206, “thank you”. You‘ve helped me, others and helped change the world.

It’s judgement-free, welcoming, people who who you think you know will completely flip your perspective and it’s crap-tons of fun.

If you haven’t joined the Saturday Zoom chat, hop in, stay for as long as you can and hopefully, see you a little longer next time.

Matt, this is your baby, you are a hero of the pandemic for so many of us.

Well Said @Derg, The zoom meetings back in the early days of the pandemic were definitely a life saver! I know I haven't been on in a while thanks to the little one making bedtime around 7-8pm most nights, I'll try and get on this coming Saturday.

Thanks @mattc206 for setting them up! I hope your homemade Margaritas recipe has evolved since I talked to you last!

Awe shucks, thanks for the kind words @Derg

It seems like yesterday that we had that first JC Zoom happy hour roughly a year ago now, when the world started to shut down and it was just nice to log on every week and chat to people about anything and everything (even how to make the best homemade margaritas thanks to @skypilot6 !) and to really get to know the best people here on JC whether they showed up a few times or are a regular. One thing is clear is we got some great people in this community. A big thanks to Doug & @Kristie and everyone else here for making JC the great community it is today.

It's a really great community we have here on JC, the best aviation forum that I've participated in that is for sure- I can certainly say the weekly chat's have helped me get thru both the ongoing lock downs and lay off status we have up here in Cancukistan and I am even happier that the chats have helped anyone else even a little bit.

When NetworkJC happens this year I certainly hope I'll be able to make it and be able to meet everyone in person!

Last edited:
I don't make all of them, but I can usually count on a "Get in the zoom chat!" message from Matt Sunday morning. Always a good time and like everyone said, a lot of much needed levity during the crapshow that's been the last year.

Back