a jetcareers fly in someday?

sbe

yeah - I'm totally open on dates. So if anyone knows when they're going up - my deal is, I'm only going for probably 2 or 3 days, and I can't decide if I want to take the extra vacation and go during the week when the crowds aren't quite so crazy, or brave the extra people, go over the weekend and save the vacation time...

At this point I'll probably be flying into MDW renting a car and driving up.

Sarah

Virusss

I remeber talking about this about a year and half back. We should really start fundraisers get other companies like...
Some one please give me some ideas?
If this is really going to happen count me in.
I would help by donating a few dollars to this event. We should start a different forum for this called "Jetcareers Fly-In"
And making it once every year would be a hassle we should make it biannual.

Mavmb

Doug you're a pilot right? Just have a jetcareers fly in at a couple places around the country whenever you're going to be stuck somewhere for a period of time. Maybe one in the east coast, one in the midwest, and one in the west sometime. Come on, I'm know the MD 90 is big enough to carry kegs!
And then just have a cover charge or an admission price to help finance the website too if needed.

mpenguin1

Would Long Beach, California work for a jetcareer "get-together? I work for FlightSafetyBoeing in Long Beach, maybe I can arrange something? How many people are we talking about? Maybe I can arrange a tour of the Boeing plant, rides in full flight simulators (reduced rated)? We have the space, if there is genuine interest in this, I will go to the big boss to see what he is willing to do.

Oh yeah & know kegs!

av8sean

LA would seem the most logical place to have it. We have a concentration of people here... and it's not too far for the AZ guys either. Maybe we can even get Doug in a 172 and see how many loopy-loo's he can take

-Sean

flyguy

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I can arrange a tour of the Boeing plant, rides in full flight simulators (reduced rated)?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hell yes, HELL YES!!!!!! I'm there!

flyitup

[ QUOTE ]
Hello.. the world revolves around California! Don't you know!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch!

I really don't see how you guys afford to live their...

Iain must be passing out money under the table...

A320_DUDE

[ QUOTE ]
Would Long Beach, California work for a jetcareer "get-together?

[/ QUOTE ]

Long Beach is great for me. I think we have 6 flights out there now....should be an easy non-rev event!

ready2fly

Awww hell - here we go again... EAST COOOOOOAST!!!

Seriously - having "regional" fly in's would not be a bad idea. Then maybe once every two years - have one somewhere in the middle of the country.

That being said - Eagle's idea of meeting at a fly-in that is already established is the best idea so far.

davetheflyer

A fly-in kegger, huh? Yeah, that sounds like real good idea. (Doug, is your insurance paid up?)

Seriously, I'd love to have a get-together with you guys (and gals). I'll just limit my imbibing to Atlanta champagne (Coca-Cola).

mpenguin1

Sniff! Sniff! You guys are serious, ok, how many people are we talking about? Send me an email
mike.comuniello@fsbti.com

In your email, write what month would be good for you or if it does not matter.

Once we get the date lined up, I know the people at the some of the local hotels, maybe I can get a jetscareer.com rate??

Make sure you guys have your passports, may need to check as per the Home Line Defense Department.

This could be kind of fun....

Mike

E_Dawg

[ QUOTE ]
Would Long Beach, California work for a jetcareer "get-together?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah let's have it at SNA... LGB will take me almost 30min to get there!

drumminpilot

[ QUOTE ]
Hello.. the world revolves around California! Don't you know!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that why my power keeps getting knocked out?