A Divert to Keramas (Okinawa Pics)

Wow.

That's some nice scenery to fly in. Better than here in texas we have farm fields(good for those engine failures) and plenty of cows to look at below.

heh speaking of engine failures, they can be tricky out here, when in doubt, find a golf course, because if there isn't a base on this island, there's a golf course :)

Wow...i don't see how you train there...i'd find myself too distracted by the scenery! Like nkoenig...i did my training in texas...not a whole lot to look at!

Nice pics man. Brings back memories. Although the last time I was in the Keramas I had a broken neck...

rickyrhodesii said:
Wow...i don't see how you train there...i'd find myself too distracted by the scenery! Like nkoenig...i did my training in texas...not a whole lot to look at!

Hey ricky where in texas did you train?

Nick

Very beautiful scenery!

(Offtopic) You guys got it good in Texas. Down here in South FL we have the ocean on one side, the Everglades on the other, and condo's in between. If you get an engine failure you better be near an airport.

nkoenig said:
Hey ricky where in texas did you train?

I trained at Check Six Aviation http://www.checksixaviation.com/, (SSF) San Antonio and Southern Wings Aviation http://www.nbtx.com/southernwings/, (BAZ) New Braunfels.

BCTAv8r said:
You guys got it good in Texas. Down here in South FL we have the ocean on one side, the Everglades on the other, and condo's in between. If you get an engine failure you better be near an airport.

I guess your right...anytime the instructor pulled the engine; you never had a hard time finding someplace to put the plane down.

Damn, I miss Okinawa. Nice pictures! Never saw the Keramas from the air but used to take dive trips out there. You could look down 100feet and see the bottom from the boat...Absolutely unreal how beautiful it was. Make sure you do the whale shark dive before you leave if your a diver.
While i was there she closed the aero club for a few years. Appearantly the female General in charge at the time didnt believe in aero clubs. It was opened as soon as the new General came in. Thanks for sharing.

Back