900/750 any ideas ??

Aviation.miller

I have 900 tt and 750 multi. I have been applying to a couple different places and looking for other places to apply. I am open to anything and can move anywhere, id just like to fly and get paid a little. I have my CFI, CFII, and MEI but if I instruct id prefer someplace with a salary so I at least know how much to expect every month. Any ideas (specific companies) would be great, especially in the arena of pipeline, cargo, or 135 VFR or SIC positions that are currently hiring.

I have 900 tt and 750 multi. I have been applying to a couple different places and looking for other places to apply. I am open to anything and can move anywhere, id just like to fly and get paid a little. I have my CFI, CFII, and MEI but if I instruct id prefer someplace with a salary so I at least know how much to expect every month. Any ideas (specific companies) would be great, especially in the arena of pipeline, cargo, or 135 VFR or SIC positions that are currently hiring.
Dude, if I was you, I'd just head to Alaska and start passing out resumes.

Eh, it's slowing down a bit here too... A couple of carriers have laid off people. Colgan or Great Lakes maybe?

IBC Airways in Miami is still hiring, but the stack of resumes in the office is about 3 inches thick. Pay isnt great but the experience is incredible.

18,500 a year + per diem. Most of the FO's make about 20-21k a year. No union, raises are merit based. Upgrades work the same way, there is one FO who has been an FO for 3 years and 1 Captain that was an FO for only 2 years.

Minimum's are only Commercial Multi, Instrument.

If you get hired to fly the Saab 340 you will have to pay 7,500$ for training and sign a 2 year training contract. (pretty big downside I know, but theres not much else out there for a 250 hour pilot).

If you get hired to fly the Saab 340 you will have to pay 7,500$ for training and sign a 2 year training contract. (pretty big downside I know, but theres not much else out there for a 250 hour pilot).

You paid 7.5K and signed a 2 year contract to fly a saab for 18K a year.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

shakehead.gif
shakehead.gif
shakehead.gif

Not much out there for a 250 hour pilot? Flight instructor gigs are still out there, and most of them don't require you to pay them 7.5k for a job, OR sign a two year contract.

(Awaits the attack dogs).

What the f***????????? :banghead:

Aviation.Miller - I'm in the same boat as you. All I can find out there in this current market are instructing jobs, and even those are hard to come by these days. Some good ones I can think of off the top of my head are IFTA out in Bakersfield, CA. They offer a very nice salary, around 45k-50k. The only catch is that you have to sign a contract of either 1-2 years with them. Theres also Sierra Academy up in Northern CA, I think they offer a salary as well (?). Good luck!

shakehead.gif
shakehead.gif
shakehead.gif

Not much out there for a 250 hour pilot? Flight instructor gigs are still out there, and most of them don't require you to pay them 7.5k for a job, OR sign a two year contract.

(Awaits the attack dogs).

I should of said 250 hour pilot with no instructor ratings. Anyway it doesnt matter, I was willing to pay it and apperantly so are alot of other people.

Anyway, I was just trying to help someone out.

Well I appreciate the input... I have looked at all the flight instructor positions including IFTA and AFTA, both are not "really" currently hiring, they are taking apps, but might be several months. I was just hoping to find something I could do for 6 - 12 months as I am joining the military and that flight program doesn't begin for awhile. I already flew for an 121 airline on a CRJ and its just not my thing, so I am joining the military. Was just hoping to find something to keep me busy in the mean time. Maybe I can find a pipeline gig or something.

It's sad that only people in this profession would do something like this. I've never heard of a doctor paying to do surgery.

Tlove Thanks for the contact info. I called them and Barr wants 1500 TT, I only have 900 so that is a no go. Anyone know of any pipeline outfits that would take a 900 TT pilot? I can move.

I know of a couple more. Underwood is another company that flies in texas. They pay alot less and the equipment isn't quite as good as Barr. Also, there is another company that flies out of La Porte. I don't remember the name of that one. I hate that you don't have enough time, that would have worked out perfect for ya.

Yea I already spoke with the operation out of la porte (king...something). They are not looking for pilots. Underwood was advertising that they needed pilots, and I emailed a resume but with no response and there is little contact info available for them to see if they "really" are hiring of if its just an old ad.

Jay Fontenot is the owner of Underwood. He is really hard to get in touch with. I'll see if I can dig up his phone number for you. They are hiring though.

Back