61.23 d - Medical Certificate - written exam question

escapepilot

Does anyone know if the FAA written exam has been changed to reflect the changes to the duration of the medical certificate in 61.23? The updates are now 60 months for a 3rd class if issued before age 40, but the 2009 printed book still has 36 months. I want to be sure to teach my students the correct 60 months, but I also don't want them missing this question if they get it on the written exam.

Does anyone know if the FAA written exam has been changed to reflect the changes to the duration of the medical certificate in 61.23? The updates are now 60 months for a 3rd class if issued before age 40, but the 2009 printed book still has 36 months. I want to be sure to teach my students the correct 60 months, but I also don't want them missing this question if they get it on the written exam.

That's a toughie, I'm not sure about the process for updating the written, but I would teach them to answer 60. If that is what is currently in effect then I would certainly want my students to know only that.

That is a good question. The 2009 FARs were not updated before they went to be printed so I would guess the written question is in the same boat, especially if the '09 written book still says 36.

I don't know if it's been updated, but teach your students the correct information. If I remember correctly, if the =question= is wrong because of some change, it doesn't count.

Back