$34/hour (wet) time building, April/May, DC area

271c

Hi all,

I'll be making a final hours push in late April and throughout May in the DC area, most days of the week, mornings and evenings. Times could be flexible. I'm looking for a safety pilot to join me on daily cross countries, price would be $34 per hour (wet) per person in a C152 equipped with ADS-B.

If you'd like to just join for a week or two (or even a couple of days), that works too. It'll be about 40 hours or so each week. It's still a couple of months out, but I would like to get everything set up well in advance.

Feel free to PM with any questions or if you'd like further details. Thanks!

I'll drop you a PM when it gets a little closer. I'm guessing you're using their 152? Are they going to want your safety pilot to get a rental checkout?

I'll drop you a PM when it gets a little closer. I'm guessing you're using their 152? Are they going to want your safety pilot to get a rental checkout?
Yeah, they've agreed to let me use their 152s (they have two, I believe) for a good amount of hours over that time period, as long as some of the flying is before/after their normal hours. As for the checkout, I'm getting my own in a few weeks so will have a firm answer, but I'd guess that they'd want the safety pilot to be checked out too. I'll update you on that once I know for sure, though. Thanks!

Anything in June? My wife and daughter will be flying back to Japan for 100 days from Dulles. If you're still in the NOVA area, I could join ya for a few days. I'm at ORF.

Hi all,

I'll be making a final hours push in late April and throughout May in the DC area, most days of the week, mornings and evenings. Times could be flexible. I'm looking for a safety pilot to join me on daily cross countries, price would be $34 per hour (wet) per person in a C152 equipped with ADS-B.

If you'd like to just join for a week or two (or even a couple of days), that works too. It'll be about 40 hours or so each week. It's still a couple of months out, but I would like to get everything set up well in advance.

Feel free to PM with any questions or if you'd
Hi all,

Feel free to PM with any questions or if you'd like further details. Thanks!

I might be available, email me closer to the April time frame.

I might be interested. Do they allow you to take the plane overnight or would it be there and back cross countries every day?

Back