31 years old at ATP

What is the draw to ATP?

Well, people still want to fly. Airlines and 135 still believe more multi time is better. And it is professional pilot training from start to finish. ATP was here before the hiring boom. They put HUNDREDS of "starry eyed kids" in the regionals during the hiring boom. And they are still here during the downturn. They will probably be there after as well.

And as far as the cross countries, did you ever make a mistake in the air Skatergeek? hmmm.

EVERYONE has to start SOMEWHERE. ATP allows that to be in a multi.

Keep posting. Chicken Little's are comedy gold.

What is the draw to ATP?

Well, people still want to fly. Airlines and 135 still believe more multi time is better. And it is professional pilot training from start to finish. ATP was here before the hiring boom. They put HUNDREDS of "starry eyed kids" in the regionals during the hiring boom. And they are still here during the downturn. They will probably be there after as well.

And as far as the cross countries, did you ever make a mistake in the air Skatergeek? hmmm.

EVERYONE has to start SOMEWHERE. ATP allows that to be in a multi.

Keep posting. Chicken Little's are comedy gold.

I'm not saying that I am the perfect pilot, but I have seen NUMEROUS ATP aircraft that have had to "call the tower."

And its not just ATP, I am curious how all of the "get you into a regional" schools are pulling people in.

I am not impressed with any flight school. I don't believe for one second that Embry Riddle churns out better pilots than ATP, or any other flight school.
Very simply stated, it is NOT the flight school that determines how good a pilot a person becomes, it is the individual, entirely the individual. As far as blaming the CFI's, it is very stupid to keep the same CFI for most of your ratings. Everyone has a different angle on how they teach and view the world, makes for a better rounded pilot.
I went to ATP for the speed and the multi engine time. I did not want to become a CFI who couldn't get a job because he did not have enough multi engine time. I also felt very sick at the FBO not knowing how much money it would cost me to complete my ratings, and I loved the idea of a fixed price. In truth, that was the main reason I went to ATP, the fixed price.
Funny, flying a regional jet is the last thing I want to do at the moment..

I am not impressed with any flight school. I don't believe for one second that Embry Riddle churns out better pilots than ATP, or any other flight school.
Very simply stated, it is NOT the flight school that determines how good a pilot a person becomes, it is the individual, entirely the individual. As far as blaming the CFI's, it is very stupid to keep the same CFI for most of your ratings. Everyone has a different angle on how they teach and view the world, makes for a better rounded pilot.
I went to ATP for the speed and the multi engine time. I did not want to become a CFI who couldn't get a job because he did not have enough multi engine time. I also felt very sick at the FBO not knowing how much money it would cost me to complete my ratings, and I loved the idea of a fixed price. In truth, that was the main reason I went to ATP, the fixed price.
Funny, flying a regional jet is the last thing I want to do at the moment..

This post is dead on. I have seen people go through ATP's program that really had it together. I have also seen people that didn't, most of the time the people that didn't, didn't make it through the program. The reason I went to ATP was the amount of time that it took to get down. The multi time and the fixed price. Yes it is expense, but you have too weigh the costs against the benefits. After you do that you have to see if it works for your situation.

Back