3 week "vacation" at FSI

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
Headed out tomorrow for a 3 week Initial at FSI in TUS for my department's other type. Won't have much time to be online much less at JC. :(

Don't say nasty things about me while i'm gone. :panic:

Don't say nasty things about me while i'm gone. :panic:

No worries Zap, you know we love you. However, that being said, would you define nasty before you go. Just trying to cover our bases to see how much latitude we've got. ;) :laff:

Ah yes, the dreaded initial. What is the other plane? Congrats and looking forward to your return.

Lear 40/45.
L004_th.jpg

L006_th.jpg

Gives me heartburn just thinking about it! I think i'm getting too old to eat like that.

And, as for Bob, I used to BE a mainline pilot -- and he DID steal my job. Him and his shiny jet... ;)

No hard feelings though. If I was still a 121 pilot I don't think we would be enjoying the same quality of life and probably wouldn't have a 2 year old mini-me running around. :)

Enjoy. I like the 40/45. We're running three 40XR's and a 45 right now.

Summary: Great brakes, crappy seats.

40/45 in Tucson? You'll probably meet my dad up there, he's an instructor in the 45. His name is Larry.

Tucson is indeed gorgeous right now, except for their horrendous road system (it's a mess even when traffic is not heavy). Perfect for flying, I keep meaning to rent something down at Ryan but life keeps happening (today for instance, I'm stuck at work). I did sneak in some R/C flying last Saturday, so it's not a total loss. :)

Hey, i'm a former RJ driver. I know what it's like.

I'm riding on a CRJ700 this morning and, if any of you might happen to be the crew, I would be most grateful if you would keep your hand on the yoke throughout the landing. And even though "Iron Eagle" was cool, if you wouldn't mind turning off your Ipod while in-flight i'd much appreciate it.

I can't really think of any good hair-gel, frosted tips, or backpack jokes this early in the AM...

Ah well, see ya'll in 3 weeks.

If I was still a 121 pilot I don't think we would be enjoying the same quality of life and probably wouldn't have a 2 year old mini-me running around. :)

Dude, the type of airplane you fly has nothing to do with concieving kids. Maybe in your mind, but in reality, not so much. I'm living proof of that.

(laugh) Nah, not the airplane so much as the type of operation. If I had spent the last 4 years flying 121 (4 day trips...away for weekends, holidays, etc.) we would likely not have made the decision to have a kid.

The lifestyle that this airplane provides (little airplane = little suitcase) was a deciding factor in our decision to procreate.

Thanks. Day 1 is in the books. Electrical system seemed pretty straight forward. If you can think of any tricky oral questions that might trip me up drop me a PM. Otherwise I don't think this is going to be a big deal.

This is my 9th initial and 4th type so i've developed a system to the way I study. That being said, as I get older it seems to be getting harder to retain the "rote memory" lists and other info. (sigh)

Ah well, guess i'll hit the gym for a few minutes before day two gets underway.

Back