2 Week IFOD Course

pilot_nate

Hey All!

I have been thinking about attending IFOD's 2 week accelerated dispatcher course in Dallas (or PHX). I will probably take the ADX written in the next week or so via Sheppard Air. Am looking for any extra pointers or advice to help me out. I am a former part 135 pilot. Thanks!!

Just graduated there with some 2 advanced guys. Definitely do the Sheppard Air prep, they both got 90s on the ADX. Otherwise, you'll get all the books you'll need for the oral/practical but do invest in some tabs and a good highlighter...

Hey, Jose. How was it at IFOD? Did you do the 6 week program? Mind filling me in on the experiences you had there? Hit me up on the details...

Hey, Jose. How was it at IFOD? Did you do the 6 week program? Mind filling me in on the experiences you had there? Hit me up on the details...
Yep, did the 5 week course was fairly straight forward.The challenge now is to get the job, on election day Republic said they wanted to fly me in from Hawaii for an interview and then yesterday they said they'll pass :(

Yep, did the 5 week course was fairly straight forward.The challenge now is to get the job, on election day Republic said they wanted to fly me in from Hawaii for an interview and then yesterday they said they'll pass :(
Just keep your head up. Maybe it is for your best advantage. Soon, another good opportunity will knock on your door. Good things come to those who wait, ad they always say. I'll be going to IFOD in Jan. What about lodging? Any tips on where to find affordable places while attending? Btw, congratulations!

Just keep your head up. Maybe it is for your best advantage. Soon, another good opportunity will knock on your door. Good things come to those who wait, ad they always say. I'll be going to IFOD in Jan. What about lodging? Any tips on where to find affordable places while attending? Btw, congratulations!
From what I saw, I'd say go w/ either the Days Inn (closest, cheapest, full kitchen) or Comfort Inn (most expensive but daily maid, highspeed internet, and waffles shaped like the state of TX!) through IFOD. Both of the 2 week guys in my class stayed w/ me @ Comfort and all 3 hotels IFOD has sweetheart agreements w/ have shuttles that'll take you anywhere w/ in like 2-5 miles of the hotel. Crossing my fingers w/ Mesa and awaiting Pinnacle!

Lol @ those waffles. Alright! Thanks. Yeah, wishing you luck and I hope you get your first gig soon.

Back