2 quick Amflight questions....

TallFlyer

1. Is it worth applying with only 20 ME?

2. If I'm going to be passing through PDX sometime next spring do they do interviews there or just down in Burbank or Oakland?

1. Is it worth applying with only 20 ME?

2. If I'm going to be passing through PDX sometime next spring do they do interviews there or just down in Burbank or Oakland?

You have the time for AmFLight now CJ, congrats, you must be piling it on! :nana2::nana2:

Yes and Yes!
Thanks, good to know. I assume they want to see all the requisite boxes checked off. 200 night, 75 inst, etc?

You have the time for AmFLight now CJ, congrats, you must be piling it on! :nana2::nana2:
Well, I definitely don't have it now, been sitting the last 4 days. I'm anticipating 1200 hours by the end of May. We'll see. Hopefully somewhere between the Pacific NW and ANC will hopefully be my next gig.

They're most likely are going to want to see all prerequisites met. That's not to say that they may not want more to qualify in the future. Like everywhere else in the industry, if the demand for pilot goes down, the minimums required to get hired would go up to get the most qualified candidates.

Thanks, good to know. I assume they want to see all the requisite boxes checked off. 200 night, 75 inst, etc?

Well, I definitely don't have it now, been sitting the last 4 days. I'm anticipating 1200 hours by the end of May. We'll see. Hopefully somewhere between the Pacific NW and ANC will hopefully be my next gig.

Just 100 night will do, that's the part 135 minimum.

do you get to pick your base or aircraft?

You may have an option of open spots at different base. Don't look to be freshly qualified to fly IFR 135 and hop into anything other than a chieftan or right seat in a brasilia at best. I don't think they hiring for right seat in the brasilia right now anyways. So the chieftan is what you can pretty much expect.

You may have an option of open spots at different base. Don't look to be freshly qualified to fly IFR 135 and hop into anything other than a chieftan or right seat in a brasilia at best. I don't think they hiring for right seat in the brasilia right now anyways. So the chieftan is what you can pretty much expect.
yeah, i wasn't expecting capt of lear or anything like that. just something like a 99. i have 500 over the 135 mins, so not a whole lot of time

I don't think 20hrs will pass now they will want 100hrs now. Yes you can interview at any base in the system for other jobs at other bases. It will be done by the ACP so in theory you could interview in BFI,SLC,DFW,OMA for jobs at other bases.

OMA? Really?

I saw their planes on the ramp but i couldn't find anything on their website about being in OMA.

Any chance anybody know if they need anybody out of OMA?

OMA? Really?

I saw their planes on the ramp but i couldn't find anything on their website about being in OMA.

Any chance anybody know if they need anybody out of OMA?

Phone number is 800-346-6381 that is ops ask for the Asst. Chief Pilot dont know who she/he is. All runs are outstation based I think there you live at some town and fly to OMA at night PM and back home in the AM. I haven't seen any openings there either, wouldn't hurt to start calling and checking it out.

1. Does Amflight have a reserve system for pilots?
2. I can only look into working at OAK, is that base short?
3. Does having Turbine time give you a shot at a Turbine plane at Amflight?

1. Does Amflight have a reserve system for pilots?
2. I can only look into working at OAK, is that base short?
3. Does having Turbine time give you a shot at a Turbine plane at Amflight?

1. Yes they do have reserve its very senior
2. Your Hired!
3. Not anymore.

Back