2 Colgate University students die in upstate New York plane crash

Oxman

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...pstate-new-york-plane-crash-article-1.2367877

A Colgate University student piloting a doomed plane sent a distress call shortly after taking off from a Morrisville, N.Y., airport Sunday afternoon, local reports said.

The pilot and a friend, both 19-year-old Colgate students, were instantly killed when their single-engine aircraft smashed into a wooded area bordering a Madison County field.

The first-year students were identified as Ridgefield natives Ryan Adams and Cathryn (Carey) Depuy, a university spokesperson wrote in a statement hours after the rural crash.

It’s not clear who was piloting the plane or why the teens were flying together.

article-colgate-0920-1.jpg

Woah. I doubt we will ever know the answer, but my two questions would be: A) Did the passenger know this? and B) How the heck was she able to rent an airplane?
What a shame.

I do not think any of know about the rental agreement, but interestingly enough her dad owns a Malibu. Well owned!

I read updated news that she had a fresh Private certificate (the white paper temp copy) and the FAA database wasn't updated yet. In other words, she was legal and had just recently passed the checkride.

I read updated news that she had a fresh Private certificate (the white paper temp copy) and the FAA database wasn't updated yet. In other words, she was legal and had just recently passed the checkride.
Now that sucks for the examiner. They will be doing a bit of an interview I assume.

Back