1st place sportsman!!

TXaviator

KAEL - Albert Lea, MN
Doug Yost Aerobatic Contest

1st place sportsman!!

was my 2nd time competing, really REALLY close contest with only 1% point between 1st and 3rd place...

had a great time, got hella sunburned.

WHEEEE!!

TXaviator

Congrats! :nana2:
What airplane were you flying?

flying a super decathlon (it can be done!)

2nd place was in a pitts s1 and 3rd place was in a christen eagle ...also in the sportsman category was a couple more pitts and even an extra 300.

nice to show them up with the old D-bird!

charlie1017

flying a super decathlon (it can be done!)

2nd place was in a pitts s1 and 3rd place was in a christen eagle ...also in the sportsman category was a couple more pitts and even an extra 300.

nice to show them up with the old D-bird!
Awesome! The Decathlon sure looks like a fine bird to fly! Glad to hear the D-bird beat the Extra LOL.:nana2:

TXaviator

Thats awesome man!

Pics?

I'm hoping to start some aerobatic training in a super D and pitts later this fall.

should have some pics and video up soon....waiting on the chick who took pics for us to post them....

coolest plane at the contest was a SU-29 in a killer black paint scheme...looked and sounded SO mean!

Jfk-Pilot

oh man i only have like 1.5 hours in the decathlon and loved every minute of it.

But yea congrats dude!

TXaviator

oh man i only have like 1.5 hours in the decathlon and loved every minute of it.

But yea congrats dude!
make no mistake about it, its a real kick in the pants!

but now i want MORE MORE MORE!! :-D

here's a pic of me and the rest of the UND gang at the contest.

TXaviator

the guy next to RCAR is my old student!

congrats

kyle flew really well. i was boundary judging when he flew his last round and it looked great. good stick. he took 2nd in the primary category. not bad for his first competition.

Blip16

he was my 325 student last fall. i always wanted to join the acro team, but then i graduated and i never finished the course (1 lesson left). oh well i am graduated now

TXaviator

he was my 325 student last fall. i always wanted to join the acro team, but then i graduated and i never finished the course (1 lesson left). oh well i am graduated now

team or not, i have learned a boatload more about how airplanes fly by flying acro than i ever did in 102-325.

i think spin training and unusual/upset attitudes should be a part of EVERY pilot getting a license.

Blip16

i agree. tailwheel training in general is great for learning how airplanes fly. Acro is just a whole nother can of worms, but very valuable.