18 NOV After PEPC Mixer....

flygvapnet

Hello :adies and Gents,

I've been thinking. Some of us are on here more times than we care to remember. Talking to people, who we have never seen before. Therefore, I table an initive to put faces to names in Kansas City. Let's research some places close by and enjoy KC after our 7hr butt kicking session with the FAA. Just a thought...

Ya'll should go to Daddy's Backdoor Bar... it's at 1610 Main Street.

Is that a Man Bar?
I have a Picture of the Man Bar in the Original Police Academy in my head.....
:confused:
I'm not judging others lifestyles and am a tolerant person... But coming from you...I have a feeling this may not end up well for me. I'd hate to have to dance with men in leather all night.:drool:

Is that a Man Bar?
I have a Picture of the Man Bar in the Original Police Academy in my head.....
:confused:
I'm not judging others lifestyles and am a tolerant person... But coming from you...I have a feeling this may not end up well for me. I'd hate to have to dance with men in leather all night.:drool:

LOL... damn you weren't supposed to tell them! Yes, it's a leather man bar, looked it up and went to see their website and thought, "This would be perfect to play a joke." :D

Let's find a place that ALL can enjoy, not just a small segment. I'm looking to get a job, not broaden my "personal" horizons :D

I'm all about broadening your personal horizons, but it would be great to go out with everyone, not just my kind. Daddy's does sound fun though... ha.

Seriously though, anyone with any recommendations? What time are you guys on on the 18th? I'm landing on the 17th, leaving the 19th. Got the same hotel as all, I believe.

I live in the KC area and can recommend Westport. It's a district of bars downtown. Kelly's Pub is good. It's more of a divey bar that sells pizza and there is Harry's (I think) across the street from Kelly's. It's more of a smaller bar inspired and decorated in the style of the small bars Earnest Hemingway frequented in Europe. Intimate but enjoyable.

I live in the KC area and can recommend Westport. It's a district of bars downtown. Kelly's Pub is good. It's more of a divey bar that sells pizza and there is Harry's (I think) across the street from Kelly's. It's more of a smaller bar inspired and decorated in the style of the small bars Earnest Hemingway frequented in Europe. Intimate but enjoyable.

I like McCoy's. Anywhere I can get a 2-liter of in house brewed beer-to-go and a plastic cup is my kinda place!

I will be there on the 18th. I am scheduled for 10am. I am staying near the airport and will be renting a car. But I would gladly be down with meeting up for a bite to eat and an adult beverage. I don't know about the whole clubbing thing though as I am happily married with kids. I think we just need to agree on a time and place. I am not from the area so someone just post a location and a time, say 8pm and we'll all reply with an "I'm in". Once we have a count we could even call ahead and reserve a table. Just a thought. I am really excited about this new profession and I think it would be cool to meet some other people that are in my shoes.

I start at 8am as well, but I don't think 8pm is too bad. I dont want to stay up all night and close the bar. Don't get me wrong, I love to have a good time, but I have to drive back to FL on the 19th. I'll look into some Bar & Grills.

i'm scheduled for a 7:00 am start on the 18th... flying in around noon on the 17th, guess i'll take it easy that night, but a beer would be great afterwards

Back