135 crew scheduling

Fixtur

Dunning-Kruger Expert
How do different shops handle days off scheduling?

Does your shop use an on/off rotation like 121 or is it a certain number of days you can request off per month?

The way my shop does it is dumb AF and I’m looking for industry best practices to present as alternatives when I meet with the chief.

Fix

How do different shops handle days off scheduling?

Does your shop use an on/off rotation like 121 or is it a certain number of days you can request off per month?

The way my shop does it is dumb AF and I’m looking for industry best practices to present as alternatives when I meet with the chief.

Fix

The places that I did 135 had a set number of days on and off. I've done 14/7, 15/13, and 17/13.

We did a 7/7 schedule. We had 4 groups of pilots and each group would overlap the previous group to cover any gaps. It works well if you have the pilots to do it.

Sort of depends on man power. A lean 135 operator will be short staffed compared to a 91 operation with a generous budget. Common ones are 8/6, 15/13, 17/13, 20/10, etc... I've also done every day is a duty day unless you had one of the 13 days off per quarter scheduled.

Back