1200TT/200ME in the Caribbean

Peace Tango B.

I found another place in the Caribbean about a week ago. The times were way over my head. I replied with a question if they even have FOs. I never got a reply back only this after I sent them my resume.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]we currently are hiring Twin Otter captains only , minimum requirement is 3000 hours 500 on type.

[/FONT]paul.gravel@svgair.com

Above is the address I got the first and only reply from so I would start there.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]SVG Air 1990 ltd & SVG Air Private Jet handling –FBO Services
Jet handling in Canouan TVSC ,Saint Vincent TVSV, & Grenada TGPY
P.O. Box 39 E.T. Joshua Airport ,Arnos Vale
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Tel 784-457-5124 fax: 784-457-5077 Cell:784-528-8444
Blackberry: pgravel@digicelblackberry.com Skype: paul-svgair

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] [/FONT]

Peace Tango B.

I found another place in the Caribbean about a week ago. The times were way over my head. I replied with a question if they even have FOs. I never got a reply back only this after I sent them my resume.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]we currently are hiring Twin Otter captains only , minimum requirement is 3000 hours 500 on type. [/FONT]

paul.gravel@svgair.com

Above is the address I got the first and only reply from so I would start there.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]SVG Air 1990 ltd & SVG Air Private Jet handling –FBO Services [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Jet handling in Canouan TVSC ,Saint Vincent TVSV, & Grenada TGPY[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]P.O. Box 39 E.T. Joshua Airport ,Arnos Vale [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Saint Vincent and the Grenadines[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Tel 784-457-5124 fax: 784-457-5077 Cell:784-528-8444 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Blackberry: pgravel@digicelblackberry.com Skype: paul-svgair[/FONT]

SVG did our handling in the caribbean.... decent bunch.... as far as I can tell a lot of Brits and Aussies work for this lot to get their ME time.... pay is kinda crap but it is like any other place down there. I think paul told me they were paying 3k a month for their contract pilots... don't know what they pay their regular employees though... if you don't like gusty winds, slightly more than difficult approaches, and sweating your balls off this is not where you want to go.......... on the flip side..... it is a freakin' amazing place.... just steer clear of the local girls if you catch my drift.:nana2:

So, do they save their FO slots for the Brits and Aussies? Sounds like a decent bunch because they actually replied back to me once! Fill me in more if you apply and get this job belliott. It's always been a dream to fly down there for me.

So, do they save their FO slots for the Brits and Aussies? Sounds like a decent bunch because they actually replied back to me once! Fill me in more if you apply and get this job belliott. It's always been a dream to fly down there for me.

Oh no.... I am not going down that street again.... it only takes one night in the klink on a caribbean island two make you think twice about going there.... and no I didn't do anything out of the ordinary to end up there.

I doubt that they save FO slots for Brits or Aussies.... the chaps I saw in the Twotter right seats were grenadines who are probably low time... the aussies and brits are usually flying the c402 or aero commanders... and if they replied within two weeks (in caribbean time mind you) they are really on top of their game.

Once in the caribbean is enough.... the only way I would go back is in the left seat of something turbinish....

Why do you say that?
After my experience in the caribbean I would say this about any operator... personally I feel that it is a little risky sending an Aztec from PR to Curacao.... plus add in the time when you aren't in radio contact with anyone.... and mostly a non radar environment..... and if you were to go in the drink the approx two days it would take the coast guard to get to you if you last that long with the sharks..... lots of variables.... lots of iffy mx in the caribbean.... just be careful dudes.

B

There is a link on their website to a youtube video. Pretty neat/demanding approach. I love the applause when they land! :rawk:

Back