New Freight Dog Aircraft

They have a photo image of one with an executive interior on Cessna’s website.

Hilarious. Who the hell would fly one of these things as a corporate aircraft.

It literally only exists because of FedEx.
I wouldn't pretend to an "executive interior" but I'd trick one of these- or, preferably, an AN-2- out as a flying RV every day of the week, and Sunday!

Hell, if house prices continue much longer on their stupinflation curve, maybe "residential airplanes" will become a thing. (Anyone making future bank on this owes me royalties, btw.)

Last edited:
Have a loved one complete a stroke test on you.
Check pupil dilation, left/right hand grip strength symmetry, and possible face droop.

I am concerned for your health.

Bro, I'm with you. Not ag'in you.
"Baldy" was not aimed at you, it was aimed at Bezos.

Jesus, I'm beginning to think I should get ol' Jeff to shoot my ass to another planet. It's clear I no longer fit on this one.

Have a loved one complete a stroke test on you.
Check pupil dilation, left/right hand grip strength symmetry, and possible face droop.

I am concerned for your health.

I prefer FAST….much easier to remember. :)

Face, drooping
Arms, weakness or paralysis
Speech, slurred or jumbled
Time….time to get to the hospital like, yesterday!

Save a life people, learn sumfin’

Must have been the loudest, most uncomfortable corporate shuttle in history.

I flew on a Twotter from Mo’Orea back to Tahiti in 2002.

9 minute flight that was about 9 minutes too long.

Id have probably been more comfortable making the 15 mile swim.

One person really hated it

Frickin kids these days, always causing a fuss. That dude who tried to save her could have been killed! As suicides go, I've always been a fan of the guy who wheeled himself down to the fire station and blew his brains out. "Jeez, guys, I know cleaning up bodies sucks, but at least you don't have to leave the station". That's being Considerate.

Bro, I'm with you. Not ag'in you.
"Baldy" was not aimed at you, it was aimed at Bezos.

Jesus, I'm beginning to think I should get ol' Jeff to shoot my ass to another planet. It's clear I no longer fit on this one.

Yeah, no worries. I just don't understand what you're saying sometimes.

I was implying that Amazon was a large predator and comparing to an all encompassing invasive plant.
Now I don't know what's going on and would like to go back to talking about freight dog planes.

I read your words with some sort of Scottish/Texan accent.
I generally assume you mean well, but hell you lose me sometimes.

"ACH! Da damn ol' Confederat Kudsu consumin' like a daft bastad oof a we of tessy ah well to crush the workin' lad!"

Yeah! uh... fight the power?

Yeah, no worries. I just don't understand what you're saying sometimes.

I was implying that Amazon was a large predator and comparing to an all encompassing invasive plant.
Now I don't know what's going on and would like to go back to talking about freight dog planes.

I read your words with some sort of Scottish/Texan accent.
I generally assume you mean well, but hell you lose me sometimes.

"ACH! Da damn ol' Confederat Kudsu consumin' like a daft bastad oof a we of tessy ah well to crush the workin' lad!"

Yeah! uh... fight the power?

@Space Monkey must be a writer. He uses a lot of analogies in his post. They could be confusing, but I get it. I'm convinced that he's the illegitimate child of @jynxyjoe

Max payload as a freighter is 6,000 lbs with a range of 400 nm. Wikipedia says a Do-228 can go 215 nm with a 4320 lb payload (and that General Atomics bought the program in 2020!).

One way of estimating weights that aircraft this size are doing well to have the max payload be 35-40% the max gross, so somewhere around 16,000 lbs MTOW.

Or scale-up from the Do-228, which has 70% the power of a C408. Do-228 MTOW is 14,495, so 20,707 lbs. That's above the 19,000 lb limit and the SkyCourier has a longer range at max. payload.

This thing seems to have specs real-close to a 1900D.

1627839905741.png

Max payload as a freighter is 6,000 lbs with a range of 400 nm. Wikipedia says a Do-228 can go 215 nm with a 4320 lb payload (and that General Atomics bought the program in 2020!).

One way of estimating weights that aircraft this size are doing well to have the max payload be 35-40% the max gross, so somewhere around 16,000 lbs MTOW.

Or scale-up from the Do-228, which has 70% the power of a C408. Do-228 MTOW is 14,495, so 20,707 lbs. That's above the 19,000 lb limit and the SkyCourier has a longer range at max. payload.

This thing seems to have specs real-close to a 1900D.

View attachment 60228

Its close, payload wise, though realistically both should bulk out before weighing out. Where the 408 i think will suffer is in speed/range for normal operations. It will have a harder time avoiding the weather, without large deviations, which in turn will require more fuel and so on/so fourth. My beloved, ugly 1900D i think should still hold the crown.
Then again I'm bias against anything thats a fixed gear multi….

Back