New Freight Dog Aircraft

0458504A-8621-4D83-8FCA-1745805FDC9A.jpeg

Some of you guys need your eyes checked.
(Not my photo, but I was driving)

After two and a half years of Part 135 freight, I can tell you that there is NO SUCH THING as a "new" freight dog aircraft. It's not a proper Part 135 ride until it's got 20,000 hours on the airframe and (1) eight or ten faded company logos on the tail, (2) an interior that smells like dead fish, (3) more zinc chromate on the wings and tail than paint. Oh, and a couple of exhausted guys (gals) sleeping in the back of the plane between loads.

Came here to post the same comment.
If it's new, you're not a freight dog.
It needs to be a fleet of different models, or, if they're the same model, 20 different configurations, avionic stacks (minimum of 20 years old), electrical systems, switch layouts various structural mods, and a list of MEL's a mile long.

But yeah, a brand new... multi engine... TURBINE aircraft with Garmin 1000 NXi's
Yeah you're a freight dog.

Last edited:
After two and a half years of Part 135 freight, I can tell you that there is NO SUCH THING as a "new" freight dog aircraft. It's not a proper Part 135 ride until it's got 20,000 hours on the airframe and (1) eight or ten faded company logos on the tail, (2) an interior that smells like dead fish, (3) more zinc chromate on the wings and tail than paint. Oh, and a couple of exhausted guys (gals) sleeping in the back of the plane between loads.

200.gif

Just think of all the sensors you could mount on that thing!

...if FedEx ever releases its deathgrip on deliveries.

They have a photo image of one with an executive interior on Cessna’s website.

Hilarious. Who the hell would fly one of these things as a corporate aircraft.

It literally only exists because of FedEx.

This dumb plane is all I ever hear certain other freight dogs (different employer) talk about…..I hate it to my very core.

I was a PAX on an American Mad Dog. They guy sitting next to me was the CEO of American.

I asked; Don't you have corporate aircraft?

He said; Yes, this is one of them.

Would UPS not buy these also?

I'm surprised that it's being certified single pilot. Gotta be difficult to see that right wingtip from the left seat.

Maybe if it's on floats!!!

The Caravan has VIP interiors used as Corporate.

I'm surprised that it's being certified single pilot. Gotta be difficult to see that right wingtip from the left seat.
I can’t see my Phenom’s right WING!

Funny side note: the original designation was suggested to be the 416; twice a 208

The Caravan has VIP interiors used as Corporate.

I can’t see my Phenom’s right WING!

Funny side note: the original designation was suggested to be the 416; twice a 208

I am well aware.

And to that I ask, who the hell would want an executive Caravan?

Never know, it could work for certain operations. HP used to have a twin otter as a corporate shuttle.

Must have been the loudest, most uncomfortable corporate shuttle in history.

I flew on a Twotter from Mo’Orea back to Tahiti in 2002.

9 minute flight that was about 9 minutes too long.

Id have probably been more comfortable making the 15 mile swim.

UPS doesn't buy feeder aircraft. Might see one of these on a UPS ramp in 30 years when they're held together with baling wire and chewing gum.
A question implicit in your statement...

If the folks who bring UPS and FedEx their loads are called "Feeders", then what are UPS and FedEx called?

Back