Interview

Josh7

Got an interview saturday at a local FBO. Its my first shot at an aviation related job (senior in high school)!

Been there, done that. Try to speak to your knowledge of aviation. Know your airplanes. Know the difference between a Cessna and a Piper. Tell them you'd like to learn to fly there. I've got your back. PM me with any questions you have.

I once drove the jet fuel truck away from the big refueling tank without disconnecting the single point. Just....don't do that....

Don't #2

I once drove the jet fuel truck away from the big refueling tank without disconnecting the single point. Just....don't do that....

I was pushing back the flight school/airport manager's Bonanza with the tug so I could wash it and I broke the towbar hookup thing right off. But I blame Bonanza -- those things were so weak!

Good luck Josh7. Do what DE just said -- express a genuine interest in aviation so they know you'll be more into it than just another kid who needs a summer job.

Definitely don't sweat it. What you don't know, you'll learn, and it'll be a great job to learn the aviation industry in. PLUS, it's a bit more stable of a job than being a pilot at the moment...not that I wouldn't trade jobs in an instant with any pilot. :D

Interview went very good! She said she will give me a call either Monday or Tuesday!

Re: Don't #2

I was pushing back the flight school/airport manager's Bonanza with the tug so I could wash it and I broke the towbar hookup thing right off. But I blame Bonanza -- those things were so weak!

quote]

Those things suck. They are meant to break though, so better than screwing up the gear I guess.

Josh, where did you interview for your job? I just started back last month working for an FBO after I got furloughed. It's been an interesting change so far. My advice to you would be to ask questions if you have any doubt as to what needs to be done. There are a lot of incidents that happen because folks don't want to ask what they feel is a stupid question. And always make sure that the hose is connected properly before doing a lav dump. You don't want to get that stuff on you. Trust me. The most challenging part for me when I started way back when was learning how to tow all the different airplanes.

I haven't heard anything back yet.:( Hopefully I will in the next couple days. If I don't hear anything back soon I will probably give them a call. Thanks again for all the advice.

I got a call this morning telling me that I was HIRED! Thanks again for all the advice.:nana2:

way to go man,you just took the first step into becoming a pilot if you wish to,Many of us aviators come from the humble beginings as you are about to partake,just remember to check the fuel that goes into the aircraft is the correct for that aircraft,good luck!and stay at it!

Congratulations Josh7, I think you'll like an aviation job better than a non-aviation job if you are into flying.

Back