UAV Operator Northrop Grumman

JoeBlow

Description:
Security Clearance Required. Responsible for operations, and flight testing the Global Hawk unmanned aircraft. Plan and execute operations/tests in accordance with DoD, FAA and ICAO procedures, and prepares flight operations/test documentation. Coordinate and assist in the execution of ground and flight operations/test events. Prepare and deliver briefings to company, customer, and user staff personnel. This person will be expected to maintain pilot currency. Basic Qualifications: Must be commercial pilot with: a current instrument rating; minimum of 500 hours as pilot in command; current Class II FAA physical or better. Preferred Experience : Current unmanned pilot and instructor pilot qualifications. Security Clearance Required. MULTIPLE POSITIONS. Relocation Assistance Available. Security Clearance Required.

Full-Time Position Type:
Entry-Level

Contact Information:
Sean Callahan | Recruiter
Maryland
United States of America
Email: sean.callahan@ngc.com
Phone: 301-342-7360

How long is your security clearance valid for when you leave the military? Also the email provided comes back with post master delivery failure.

It depends upon your security clearance. A Top Secret is good for 5 years and a Secret is good for ten years. When you ETS you should get your personnel records and there is a green piece of paper/card with the date of the end of the investigation. The 'countdown' of how much time is left on your clearance starts from then end of that date.

If you have any questions PM me.

:yeahthat:

Secret is 10, TS is 5.

JustinA said:
Wish I had the 500 hours. Sitting at 300 is not a good place to be.

You bring up a good point.

Yes, 300 hrs is not a good place to be. No where is to be honest.

Nevertheless, this UAV gig is not a place to "build time." Although I'd like to hear from a few hiring board members, but I don't think they'd put too much weight in one's experience as a UAV pilot that hasn't actually been in an airplane dealing with the physical elements of such. And, these UAVs don't do much instrument work. . .if any at all. At least the Air Force birds didn't in the AOR.

I'm not looking to leave UPS, but I'm curious whether it's possible to get a "security clearance" that would suffice without being ex-military. In other words, can you pay some outfit to do a super duper background check that will qualify?

Again, I'm just curious as we got this crazy "leaving the career" forum at the other site. Just wondering if this is viable for civillian trained, highly experienced, pilots. So far, the best we can come up with for those "leaving the career", is to go into pharamsuitical sales.....

I'm not looking to leave UPS, but I'm curious whether it's possible to get a "security clearance" that would suffice without being ex-military. In other words, can you pay some outfit to do a super duper background check that will qualify?

Again, I'm just curious as we got this crazy "leaving the career" forum at the other site. Just wondering if this is viable for civillian trained, highly experienced, pilots. So far, the best we can come up with for those "leaving the career", is to go into pharamsuitical sales.....

In general, you have to be sponsored by an organization in which you hold a sensitive position. Many of these organizations include:US Military, Boeing, General Dynamics, General Electric, General Motors, etc... Since you would have no 'reason' to have a security clearance it would be difficult to simply dish out some cash and get one.

This is a pretty decent source to answer your questions: http://www.taonline.com/securityclearances/#SCREQ

Hope this helps,
Rachel

Out of curiosity... Would you have to have a valid medical for this job?

It seems like this could be a great gig for someone who lost a medical.

I know some of our PFEs who were retired military interviewed.

They all had Turbojet FE/A&P/Commercial license.

They have thousands of "hours" but low TT due to sitting sideways.

Yea I got out of the military a few months ago with a Secret Clearance, I got 650 hours right now, but not sure about the job yet... Still lookin for a job

but flying 50 people around is?

Is it? I don't know too many people flying for our company who say with any ounce of seriousness as taking their current position as a time building position.

Maybe you've encountered people like that on the -700, of which I wouldn't know anything about.

Going to respond to my PM from a few days ago?

Going to respond to my PM from a few days ago?

Nope...we've already been over the subject of the PM a couple times and (respectfully...nothing personal)...I don't think a reply will lead to an epiphany on your part, so its probably not worth the effort. If you were gonna get it, you'd have gotten it by now.

Back