Medical Certification Update on Private Knowledge Exam

terrynabet

Hi,

I will be taking my private pilot knowldge exam tomorrow at my local FBO before I attend ATP in JAX on October 6th.

I recently read on the AOPA website that the FAA extended the longevity of the medical certificates.

My question is, is the knowldge exam updated to today's medical certificate standards or will the question and answer be the same as before the change?

I had contacted my FBO, Lasergrade, and AOPA and all were unsure if the FAA changed the questions on the exam. My last resort is contacting the FAA.

I was wondering if anyone here knew and if someone could clarify the new rules for me. Thank you.

Hi,

I will be taking my private pilot knowldge exam tomorrow at my local FBO before I attend ATP in JAX on October 6th.

I recently read on the AOPA website that the FAA extended the longevity of the medical certificates.

My question is, is the knowldge exam updated to today's medical certificate standards or will the question and answer be the same as before the change?

I had contacted my FBO, Lasergrade, and AOPA and all were unsure if the FAA changed the questions on the exam. My last resort is contacting the FAA.

I was wondering if anyone here knew and if someone could clarify the new rules for me. Thank you.

Im about to start teaching a ground school in a week, and the students will be taking the PPL written within 3 weeks, and I too was wondering what the new FAA written will have, or if its even new.

I have the newest study materials for my PPL knowledge exam, and the new lengths for medicals are updated in them, so I am assuming that they will in fact be updated.

If you get a question about medical related stuff and fail, it would be the other 30% that you missed that you should be studying now. It sounds like you know the new law. Good. Now move on. One topic can't sink you on a written, you've gotta be weak in several areas. If you don't even know what a medical is and ace the rest of the exam you'll get what, 98-99% ?!
Good luck! You can do it!

Back