I love this Industry sometimes! (for reals)

Goonie

Never say die
So today I woke up at 5 in the AM, made a big cup of coffee to take with me on my 45 minute drive to KDAL. It was still dark outside and there was no traffic so I got to drink my coffee and listen to some AM talk radio. This is one of my favorite things to do!! (seriously)

So I get to the airport with ample time to do my prefight, get my clearance and drink another cup of coffee. Takeoff out of KDAL(Love) for my hour and half flight to KMSY(New Orleans) at 8 in the AM in the brand spankin new Kingair.

Get to New Orleans with about 8 hours to kill so I get the rental car and head down to the French Quarter.

Ate some amazing gumbo. (paid by company)
Washed it down with some bananas foster. (paid by company)
walked around Bourbon and checked out some cool museums and did some people watching.
Bought some King Cake for the fam.(paid by me)

Got back to the airport just in time for the clients to get back! :D

Was home in time for dinner and some tasty beverages:)

Just one of those "Really, I get paid for this?" type of days.

Just posted this for the lurkers thinking about getting into this industry. There are a lot of hurdles in this industry but for me its worth every sacrafice. I couldn't imagine doing anything else. I know it doesn't sit well with many members on this site, but money is one of the least important motivating factors to me.

In regards to the first part of your day . . . wow you have an incredible bladder! :D

The French Quarter is cool. Last I was there was the last Mardi Gras before Katrina. I hope it is still as nice as it was then.

To continue the spirit of your post -- I'm waking up at 0330 and I'm gonna be real tired by the end of the day but I am psyched that I might get to do my first Canarsie climb ever! Woo!

To continue the spirit of your post -- I'm waking up at 0330 and I'm gonna be real tired by the end of the day but I am psyched that I might get to do my first Canarsie climb ever! Woo!

Its the little things sometimes.

have fun!!

Back