Pilots on the streets

ilove747s

Does anyone know how many pilots are currently on the streets? If not, what are some good estimates?

I'm just trying to get an idea of how bad this really is say compared to 9/11.

Does anyone know how many pilots are currently on the streets? If not, what are some good estimates?

I'm just trying to get an idea of how bad this really is say compared to 9/11.

Maybe not quite as bad as banking. ;) Give me a shout man...I'll be in Austin this weekend.

I'd say about 5-10% of the wokforce is furloughed (or out of work due to cessation of operations), so probably about 4,000-6000 out of the roughly 80,000 airline pilots in the US (if you include the impeding furloughs that have been announced at places like UAL for the fall). American alone has nearly 2,000 furloughed pilots according to apc, although i can't say how many of those are flying at eagle or elsewhere. You can go to apc and add up the numbers if you really want an exact figure.

And that's only the airline workforce.... there are many, many corporate departments, management companies, and charter operators that are "right-sizing". Heck, even NetJets has stopped hiring.

And that's only the airline workforce.... there are many, many corporate departments, management companies, and charter operators that are "right-sizing". Heck, even NetJets has stopped hiring.

One of my buddies was invited to an interview with NetJets, but he couldn't get the days off to go. He rescheduled it for last week. NetJets announced that they were no longer interviewing the day before his interview.:(

Back