dcramer16

Monster Home

pixel.gif
pixel.gif
template_logo_small.gif
joblogo.gif

Aircraft Operations Supervisor
pixel.gif
Company:University of North Carolina at Chapel HillLocation:Chapel Hill, NC 27599Salary/Wage:59,022.00 - 75,209.00 USD /yearStatus:Full Time, EmployeeJob Category:Logistics/TransportationOccupations:piloting: Air and MarineCareer Level:Experienced (Non-Manager)Industry:Travel, Transportation and Tourism
pixel.gif
Job DescriptionDESCRIPTION:
Usually a five-day work week but no fixed work hours. Day, evening, and weekend work schedule depends on passenger requests. Some overnight travel is required. Work environment includes day/night all-weather conditions, and exposure to noise, vibration, and variations in temperature, pressure, and humidity.
QUALIFICATIONS:
Recommended Minimum Training Guideline: Graduation from high school and a minimum of 1000 hours of flight time in a closely related type of aircraft and/or type of mission, along with a minimum of two years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and directly related experience. Necessary Special Requirements - Certification as a Commercial Pilot or Airline Transport Pilot, with appropriate ratings; and possession of an FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
Preferred Training: Bachelor's Degree or higher with broad aviation management experience and demonstrated leadership skills. Excellent communication and human relations skills. Outstanding piloting skills, judgement, and customer service skills are required. Non-profit organization experience and familiarity with Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) Program a plus. 1500 hours or more pilot time preferred. Requires yearly physical exam. Must be able to meet the requirements to maintain license.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, see our website: www.jobs.unc.edu to complete an online application. Please reference Position #0009713 and Department #4835 when applying. EOE.

Contact:Company:University of North Carolina at Chapel HillSend this job to a friend
View all "University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill" jobs
pixel.gif

SAW THIS JOB AND APPLIED FOR IT. I GOT A CALL BACK AND WAS TOLD I AM NOT ELIGIBLE. I GUESS YOU NEED 4 YEARS OF AVIATION EXPERIENCE, SO I THOUGHT I WOULD PASS IT ON FOR OTHERS TO APPLY! LOOKS LIKE A GOOD GIG. BASICALLY FLYING DOCTORS AROUND FOR TRAINING AND CONVENTIONS. YOU NEED 1500TT PLUS 4 YEARS AVIATION EXPERIENCE.

Equipment

It doesn't say what type of aircraft the pilot will fly, but it does say they prefer experience in the type of aircraft that the pilots will fly.

Any idea of what the fleet is?

that 4 years exp. is a bummer, man. Yeah, I got just over 1500 TT flying skydivers on the weekends for 4 years! Sure, get real! ahahaaa!

that 4 years exp. is a bummer, man. Yeah, I got just over 1500 TT flying skydivers on the weekends for 4 years! Sure, get real! ahahaaa!

four years sounds like an arbitrary number.
If
I still lived in Charlotte i would be all over this if it was in something like a cirrus.

I looked into it a bit. They fly Baron 58s around the four state area. Primarily fly school doctors and students to more rural areas for treatment. Sometimes you fly patients etc. For the most part a mon-fri daytime job, but experiences some nights etc depending on needs.

Here is a bit about the operation:

http://www.med.unc.edu/ahec/about/airop.htm

Flying the baron around NC would be pretty great if i still lived there; but it is really not worth moving for as of now.

I looked into it a bit. They fly Baron 58s around the four state area. Primarily fly school doctors and students to more rural areas for treatment. Sometimes you fly patients etc. For the most part a mon-fri daytime job, but experiences some nights etc depending on needs.

Here is a bit about the operation:

http://www.med.unc.edu/ahec/about/airop.htm

Thanks for the extra info. I was a bit curious myself. I didn't get to hear too much about the job. They basically told me I wasn't qualified because I didn't have 4 years flying experience. Too bad too, I have over 700 hours in the Baron.

Medical Air's standards for pilots and equipment maintenance exceed Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements. Pilots possess Airline Transport Pilot Certificates and have flown an average of 10,000 hours in both civilian and military aviation.

Funny, the job listing said nothing about needing to have your ATP, and the time requirement was only 1,500...not 10,000. It must be a sweet deal if pilots have over 10,000 hours but still only make 60K, and stay there??

They basically told me I wasn't qualified because I didn't have 4 years flying experience. Too bad too, I have over 700 hours in the Baron.

Gosh, you right, too bad for them if they really need a pilot. What a wasted add. It's a good chance that this add is on a loop and they already have a pilot that is just good enough for the job but looking for better. When they find better the present pilot will be tossed aside to the curb. I been in those shoes before.

Somebody should apply with fake times and "years of experience" and ask them to pay a certain salary that fits their commensurate experience. Only wide-body Captain pay for that sort of time.

Somebody should apply with fake times and "years of experience" and ask them to pay a certain salary that fits their commensurate experience. Only wide-body Captain pay for that sort of time.

Wide-body Captain pay for flying a Baron? 1000 min 1500hr preferred?

I think a lot of you guys are really misunderstanding this. On their web page, in a description about their operation, it states : "Pilots possess Airline Transport Pilot Certificates and have flown an average of 10,000 hours in both civilian and military aviation."

Meaning THEIR pilots have flown an average of 10,000 hours with both civilian and military backgrounds. They're not saying you have to have 10,000 hours; the mins of 1,000 TT (1,500 preferred) are posted.

Yes, they only require 1000 hours to apply. The article is primarily advertisment for customers... you know, saying they have a high safety record and "high" time pilots, etc...

Yep, that sound about right. Now, we all know that high time pilots are the "safe ones". This ad has so much BS between the lines, does the monster logo give it away. Are they trying to stop the customers from applying? Who are they trying to reach here? Go for it. I wouldn't waste my time if I had the qualifications they are asking for because it is very broad. Are they trying to get customers or pilots? Good luck and I'd like to know if anyone gets this. Post it on this thread. Sorry, the glass is so half empty here. I'm waiting to be shocked if someone from here lands this job. On the other hand, much respect for the dibs, dcramer. Thanks for sharing.

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like a pretty good gig. 60k-75k to fly a Baron 5 days a week. Although, they may fly some pretty long days.

Not everyone dreams of flying widebodies. If I could make a good living flying a Cessna 150 around, I would do it in a heart beat. I only fly turbine equipment because that's where the money is. The small stuff is where the fun is.:nana2:

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like a pretty good gig. 60k-75k to fly a Baron 5 days a week. Although, they may fly some pretty long days.

Not everyone dreams of flying widebodies. If I could make a good living flying a Cessna 150 around, I would do it in a heart beat. I only fly turbine equipment because that's where the money is. The small stuff is where the fun is.:nana2:
dam skippy!

Back